Friday, June 12, 2009

Some People Will Do Anything...

For a little attention. Has anyone heard or read about the April Rose story? Apparently, a woman from Chicago started a blog to document her pregnancy 9 months ago and found out during that time that her baby had Trisomy 13 and would most likely pass away before being born. But like the good Christian woman she is, she decided to keep the baby and see what God had in store. I have to admit that I too visited this blog every once and a while to see how she was doing.

 Then on June 7th, the woman supposedly "gave birth" to a live baby girl, named April Rose, and posted pictures of her wrapped in a blanket. These first few pictures of April Rose started a fury of speculation on the internet because these pictures were OF A DOLL!! People started writing the woman, who called herself "B", a bunch of hate mail telling her that they knew her site was a scam. A day later, the entire blog was removed without any forwarding link. Well, as you can imagine, this set thousands of blog readers into an even bigger rage because not only had they emotionally invested in this woman and her story, but some actually made donations to her!!! She was also receiving money for hits to her site, which was up to almost a million on the day of April Rose's birth. I was shocked. I couldn't believe this woman had the time or desire to fake not only a pregnancy, but also the birth and death of a baby. It actually makes me sick to think about it. I honestly kept hoping that at some point she would post a final blog and admit her lies and even though she hasn't quite done that yet, she did talk to the Chicago Tribune. Click HERE to read what she had to say in an interview.

I mean...really? Was it really worth it for her to do this? Did it really make her feel better about her life? Was it really worth the money she received? I just can't understand what motivates people to do things like this just for a little attention. I guess at this point, all anyone can do is thank God that a baby didn't die and that this woman can get some serious, much-need help.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I kept hearing about April Rose but didn't really know what was going on. I can't believe someone would do that! I feel horrible for all the people that were emotionally and monetarily invested in this story. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sad. Really pathetic. I hope she does do a final entry apologizing. At least she admits what she did was wrong? I have no words for this! Geeze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about it yesterday on another blog. Insane! That is all I can say.
    I feel the people who donated but more for her. She has to have some serious problems to go those lengths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled across the story last night. It's crazy! I've been reading about it almost all day!

    ReplyDelete