Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Bedding is In!

Yay! Blake's nursery bedding is here! I took a risk and ordered this bedding without actually seeing it in person (it was out of stock when I visited Pottery Barn Kids) but I just had to order it anyway because I got it for a great deal on eBay!! Isn't it cute?


I fell in love with this bedding for two reasons: 
1) I love the bright, cheerful colors (plus I am always a sucker for red)
2) Because the bedding is transportation themed, I can do anything with trucks, cars, airplanes, trains, etc. It gives me lots of options.


I also love all the textures of this bedding. They used searsucker, corduroy and cotton percale. It is very cozy :-)

And speaking of cozy, I am a big fan of floor rugs in all of my rooms (even if I have carpet) because I think it makes the room feel more...well...cozy! This isn't the matching rug for the bedding set, but this one was in the clearance bin at Pottery Barn Kids and I just had to get it.


I already laid it down on the floor next to the crib and I really think it is going to tie in nicely. So what's next you ask? Well, Eric and I are going to pick up some paint samples this weekend and Pops and I are going to start the bookcase next week. Busy, busy, busy! I guess it is a good thing the nesting phase is kicking in. Mama needs some energy!

7 comments:

  1. Such cute bedding! I can't wait to see what you come up with and since you get right on these things (how do you do it?), I won't have to wait long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love looking at nursery bedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You move fast! :) I'm impressed! And it's super cute! You're making me want one of those (kids, that is).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I can't wait to see it all come together. I think the rug will be just perfect for the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bedding! Isaac's mobile and sheets came from Pottery Barn Kids too! (We did Antique Planes) And then we filled in the blanks with antique planes from other places! SO FUN... I love the primary colors in your bedding for the new babe... I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Jen! I can't wait to see how it all comes together. You are so talented at decorating!

    ReplyDelete