Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pops & I Have a New Project

Yay! I am so excited...my Dad and I have a new project ahead of us. After scoping out the nursery this week, I realized that I have an empty little nook that is screaming for a cute bookcase. I got Addie this adorable handpainted bookcase from a local furniture store before I had her. It fit perfectly in that little nook.


Obviously, the garden themed bookcase is not going to work for a little boy (plus she has already claimed it in her new room) so now I have to come up with something equally cute yet boyish. I started doing some looking around and ultimately, I want a bookcase about this size so that it will hold a few baskets of toys, some books and a picture frame or two.


I would just order this bookcase, but I thought it was a little simple. I was hoping to do something more fun and unique. I came across this bookcase and I really like the grooved sides and scalloped top. It just gives it something extra (although I would not go this big or add the drawers).


I also love the little cubbies on this bookcase. I think it is neat how all the shelves aren't the exact same size.


Now, this bookcase isn't exactly the color I would go for, but I do like the idea of painting the bookcase instead of staining it. It would definitely make it stand out in the room.


My Dad and I are putting our heads together tomorrow and hopefully we will be able to come up with something cute and unique. He is brainstorming as we speak and I am sure he has already come up with something perfect :-) Don't worry, I promise to keep you updated on our project as it develops.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU DADDY DAUGHTER PROJECTS!!! I can't wait to see what you ultra talented people create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what your 2 come up with! I wish I knew someone with wood working skills. That would be so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So here's the thing: I mostly am wondering if you (and your dad...) will fly up here to Washington State to design my kids' rooms? Of course, I'd have to HAVE kids first. But, we'll get there. You know, no big deal. :0) I suppose that's my sarcastic self trying to say that I'm anxiously awaiting the new nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls are way too sweet. My Dad should take credit for these projects though. I just look at pictures and say "I like this, this and this" and then he creates it. Sometimes I paint...but that's about it :-)

    Chesli - You know I would come up to Washington State in a heartbeat and help you plan your first nursery when the time comes :-) I mean, after this nursery is done I will be out of projects for a while. HA!

    ReplyDelete