Monday, July 6, 2009

SO Not Fair

When I was pregnant with Addie, I couldn't help but look at magazines with cute celebrity pregnancy pics. I thought it was fun to read about everyone's cravings and see their cute belly bumps. But...I would be lying if I didn't say that seeing these gorgeous pregnant celebs made me feel a liiiiiiiittle bit self-conscious about my pregnant body. I mean, how could I not have felt that way when I saw pics of Christina Aguilera...


And drop-dead-gorgeous Halle Berry...


And stunningly bootylicious JLo.


Okay...I know there was some airbrushing going on in the Christina picture and I know that both Halle Berry and JLo were big fans of SPANX, but still!!! They were just too damn cute!

So this time around, I was just waiting to see which celebs would be following me on my baby journey. When I hit 13 weeks, I knew they would start coming out of the wood work. And wouldn't you know that this time around, I will be comparing myself to a Playboy Playmate...


And the most gorgeous Super Model in the world!!


Son of a bitch.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I know! Darn celebrity magazines! I get Us Weekly and of course you see all those beautiful pregnant women! I want to see saggy boobs and stretch marks just to prove they are human! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I think I will be ticked if Kendra doesn't gain some weight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it that they only get a belly and nothing else on their hips? But I am sure your body looks just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That made me laugh. Just remember, they have lots of airbrushing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA! I love this post. I'm about 13-14 weeks too. I'm already dreading my beautiful, skinny BFF who is coming down this weekend. She has had 3 kids & is in such great shape. I think I might have to walk 5 feet behind her :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever! You're the cutest preggers lady I've ever seen! Even if I've only seen you via your blog! Those ladies... they've got nothin' on ya. Especially Kendra... I mean, really? Have you HEARD her laugh? Ugh! In fact, I watched this video the other day, on a Virgin America flight (LOVE THEM!, BTW!) and I totally thought of you! Striking resemblence! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEzbkGj7EaQ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't forget 'Buffy' (i.e., Sarah Michelle Gellar). She's expecting and due this fall. Too funny!!! -Deanna

    ReplyDelete