Friday, July 24, 2009

Top 5 Comedies...According to Jen

It's movie night around the Davis household and Eric and I both feel like a comedy. So...this got us talking about our Top 5 favorite comedies of all time and I thought I would share my list. Let me tell you...this was a tough decision! But here it goes (with favorite quotes and all)...

5. Old School


Frank: "I told my wife I wouldn't drink tonight. Plus, I gotta really big day tomorrow."
(about 5 minutes later after Frank hits a beer bong)
Frank: "It tastes so good when it hits your lips. Whoo!"

4. Beetlejuice


Adam: "Are you qualified?" (to haunt their house)
Beetlejuice: "Ah...well...I attended Julliard. I'm a graduate of Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plaque and I had a pretty good time during that. I'VE SEEN THE EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES...AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY TIME I SEE IT. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU ARE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY. NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? Do you think I am qualified?"

3. Ghostbusters


Jeanine: "Do you have any hobbies?"
Egon: "I collect spores, moles and fungus."

2. Dumb and Dumber


I don't have a quote that is funnier than the "Mockingbird" duet they sing in the car. I almost pee my pants every time I watch it.

1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

This movie ALWAYS makes me laugh, even though I have seen it about a hundred million times. I am afraid I have to share three favorite quotes (even though I have about 50 on my list).

Cousin Eddie: "You surprised Clark?"
Clark: "Oh Eddie...if I woke tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now."

Eddie: "I don't know if I oughta go sailin down no hill with nothin between the ground and my brains but a government piece of plastic."
Clark: "You really think it matters Eddie?"

Clark (looking out his front window): "Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn...the clean, cool chill of the holiday air...an a**hole in his bathrobe, emptying his chemical toilet into my sewer."

I know that many of you won't agree with my Top 5 (Beetlejuice isn't a movie that most people consider one of their favorites). But I would love to know what's on your Top 5 Comedies list! Include quotes please :-)

5 comments:

  1. Haha! We love Christmas Vacation and Dumb 'n' Dumber also! Definitely in our top 5! My list would never be complete without Napoleon Dynamite:

    Napoleon: "Do the chickens have large talons?"
    Farmer: "What?"
    Napoleon: "Do the chickens have large talons?"
    Farmer: "I don't understand a word you just said."

    Napoleon: "It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, I am huge fan of most these. I would have also excepted Anchorman. Great post. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love comedies!
    5. Little Miss Sunshine
    "No one gets left behind!"

    4. The Hangover
    "Would you please put some pants on? I feel weird having to ask you twice."

    3. Old School
    "Honey you think KFCs still open?"

    And this is a tie:
    1. Anchorman
    "I'm kind of a big deal. I have many leatherbound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

    1. Super Troopers
    "Okie Dokie silly okio. I'm an idiot."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
    -"did doogie howser just steal my fucking car"

    Super Troopers
    -"How's it going Denim Dan? You look like the president, chairman, and CEO of Levi Straus. Hey where'd you get the Canadian tuxedo?"

    The Hangover (there are 2)
    -"Remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That s***'ll come back with you."
    -"counting cards isn't illegal, it's just frowned upon.. like masturbating on an airplane"

    Superbad
    -"The guys either going think ‘here’s another guy with a fake ID’, or here’s McLovin, 25 year old Hawaiian organ donor"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh....I forgot about SO MANY of my favorites!!!!

    Napoleon Dynamite Carly...good call.
    "Napoleon...don't be jealous because I have been chatting online with babes all day."

    Super Troopers
    The ENTIRE Meow scene. Hilarious!

    I also love Anchorman and Superbad. Good call ladies! I could have made this list my Top 50 I think. HA!

    ReplyDelete