Monday, August 10, 2009

10 Reasons You Might Think I am Weird

A month or two ago, I came across a blog that had a post titled "10 Reasons You Might Think I am Weird." This post was HILARIOUS and even though I desperately tried to Google and figure out who posted it...I can't seem to get back where I was! But in any case, I decided I would give my list of 10 Reasons You Might Think I am Weird. Here Goes...

1. I listen to Christmas music off and on throughout the year. In fact, I listened to the Charlie Brown Christmas CD in the car today.

2. A new box of Crayola Crayons is my favorite smell. I simply can't leave Target without walking down the school supply isle and taking a big whiff.

3. When I make my bed in the morning, I have to stand back and look at it to make sure all the pillows are perfectly straight.

4. I watch Disney Channel shows even when Addison isn't awake or in the room. Seriously...I know every episode of Wizards of Waverly Place by heart now.

5. I would rather be trapped in a room with a million spiders than just one snake. I have frequent nightmares about them.

6. I sometimes believe that inanimate objects have feelings. I feel bad for the stuffed animals I have given to good will...I just don't want them to feel unwanted.

7. I have to sleep with one foot outside the covers.

8. I can still recite every single word to the Preamble of the Constitution (that I learned in 8th grade), but can't remember simple things like my Dad's cell phone number.

9. I have www.nasa.gov bookmarked on my computer and check it daily.

10. I am VERY superstitious. I always get out of bed on the same side, I never walk under ladders, I always throw salt over my shoulder, I avoid the number 13 if I can,  I never dropped the Spirit Stick when I was in Poms, etc.

So...do you think I am weird? Or do some of you secretly do the same things? I would LOVE to know some of your weird traits. Leave a comment or post about it yourself. I get such a kick of people's crazy confessions...it makes me feel like less of a freak :-)

P.S. I had a fantastic play date today with my friend Tiff today and I promise to post pics of that tomorrow when I can get my silly camera to upload the photos :-)

12 comments:

  1. Not weird at all! We share some of the same weirdness'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love yoru list! i am curious... why do you have nasa bookmarked?

    weird things about me? I smell everything I eat before I eat it. sometimes I ask other people "Can I smell that?" befor they eat food that I think looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - I have Nasa bookmarked because long ago (before I realized how much math was involved) I wanted to be an astronomer. Random...I know. But I am still fascinated with space/stars/planets so I like to look at NASA every day and see what is going on in the outer world. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG i love that you have nasa.gov bookmarked. I'm totally fascinated with that as well and have both that site and hubblesite.org bookmarked. The telescope pictures of nebulae (specifically the gas pillars in the eagle nebula) or star clusters are unreal.

    And that may be the nerdiest sentence I've ever typed. I'm done now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, there are soo many things that are on your list that are on mine too! Christmas music, one foot out of the bed, etc!

    When I get scared at night, I have to check all the rooms and closets before I go back to bed...just to make sure someone isn't there...like that would save me right?

    Oh, and I always have abcfamily on! Justin asks me if I'm 12 when I'm watching Full House reruns and blame it on Emma liking the show.

    One more thing, I have a thing about watching rerun shows on DVDs in order and all at once without stopping! Right now I'm watching all my dvds of Felicity (one of my most favorite shows). All 4 seasons, and it's taking forever! My little bro does the same things with Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute post idea. I may have to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are weird then so am I! I can totally relate to: #5,6 and 7!
    This was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are weird than I am weird - we share 1, 4, 6, and 7! What a fun list. I did something like this way back when - http://dcphewitt.blogspot.com/2008/04/tidbits-about-me.html

    I am sure I could think of more weird things about me and do it again.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lord, where to start?
    First, where we're similar:

    1. I randomly hum Frosty the Snowman ALL YEAR. All year... :0)

    2. My favorite smell is dryer sheets. Hubbs and I have sensitive skin, so I don't ever use them. My favorite aisle at Target is the... laundry aisle!

    3. I do think you're weird for this one. Who the heck makes their bed anyway! *wink*

    7. ALWAYS! The one exception is when I'm camping in a tent... that is the only time I wear socks to bed too.

    8. Check. Think School House Rock. Except, I didn't learn this until my 11th grade AP US History class. However, I DO still remember the song that I learned WAY BACK WHEN that helped me alphabatize the states... Alabama, Alaska, Ariiizooonnnaa, Arkansas... :0)

    My own weirdisms?

    I hate to take my socks off, then put them back on. For example: Shoe shopping? If you're trying on sandals or something? Ewww! Or, if you go to an indoor pool? I either bring new socks to put on... or make sure to stuff the RIGHT sock into the RIGHT shoe, etc. Eww.

    I always want to smell people's hair. Well, only if it LOOKS like it smells good. Oh, I love the smell of freshly washed yummy hair! *I'm blushing because I know this is weird*

    Ok, I can't remember anymore. There are a ton, I'm sure. I'm just having a brain fart. Plus, this was probably TMI to begin with! :0)

    Oh yeah, your update on FB totally made me go to McD's and buy the Cinni Melt thinga.ma.jiggers. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is an interesting list! Not wierd, though!
    I can't have any part of my body hanging off the bed or out of the covers at night and I have to close every closet door before bed.
    I like the smell of skunk.
    I eat all of one thing on my plate before I eat something else.

    You are not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...we are separated at birth! I do the Christmas music thing too! I totally agree with the snake thing. I sniff crayons too and the weirdest is the inanimate object thing. I seriously think the same things. I thought I was the only one who did that! So I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. No your not weird!

    I also cannot sleep with the closet doors open or even cracked. It drives me crazy and I always make my husband get up to shut them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the smell of gas, too. Not to mention that I do need a sleeve on any Starbucks beverage...cold included. See? Not weird at all.
    I think I have to start a "weird list" myself... ;) Good idea!

    ReplyDelete