Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blake's Nursery ~ Minus the Bookshelf

I don't love the way the wall color photographs (I assure you it is so much prettier in person) but on the other hand I LOVE Blake's almost completed nursery and I had to share some pictures. The bookshelf is just days from being completed and because it is so special...it deserves it's own post :-)

Anyway, without further ado, here is Blake's nursery so far!


I took two room shots (one in daylight and one at night) to see if it made a difference with the paint color. Sadly...it looks the same. But you get the idea :-)


Take notice of the adorable transportation prints hanging above the crib. I had the worst time trying to find cute, affordable prints that matched the room and then I came across a fantastic website www.tiddliwinkdesigns.com. There are a ton of adorable prints to chose from and the best part is that you can chose to purchase them framed, or purchase the prints separately so you can frame them yourself (which I did). What a smart idea huh? I was able to buy these frames on sale at Michael's craft store and they were a steal, as were the prints. Ahh...I love a bargain :-)


My other great print find was from my favorite store. Yes...that would be Target.


I just love how it ties in all the colors of the room. Oh, and the two green frames on either side of the print are re-painted old frames I had in the basement and I just used scrapbook paper to make new mats. Don't worry...I will put pictures of Blake in there as soon as he arrives. Addie will stay in them for now :-)


Here is another great Target find...the matching lamp! The little STOP sign pull cord was the selling detail for me. Love it :-)


And even though I loved my Land of Nod ticking stripe curtains, I just felt that they needed something else to make them pop. So once again, it was Mom to the rescue! She made these adorable red tie backs (in an hour mind you) and I think they really give the curtains a nice touch.


And last but not least, here is one of my favorite details. I remember seeing these train car letters when I was pregnant with Addie and secretly hoped I would have a boy to buy them for some day. Yay...dream come true :-)


Well there you go! Your first look at Blake's nursery. There are lots of little odds and ends that I will work on (like what to hand from his peg shelf, etc.) and of course, as soon as the bookshelf is done, I will post pics of that as well. I hope you all have a great weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. You have done it again Jen, it is SO HANDSOME! I can't wait to see it in person! I have a request though, I want to see what it looked like before... a before and after per se...I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- The nursery is beautiful in a very masculine way :) I love all the detail you put in to your design and it looks so cozy too! Now you can go in there at night when Addie is sleeping and imagine holding your little man in your arms. What a lucky little boy you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, it looks absolutely fantastic!! I wish I had your decorating ability... Blake is going to love his nursery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has turned out great! I love all of the primary colors in it... very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Jen! It looks amazing! I just saw that lamp at Target the other day and thought how adorable it was!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blake has an adorable room. :) And two parents that love him very much already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is perfect! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. His nursery is so cute! Gosh, I haven't even thought about what were going to do our baby boy's nursery in. I guess I better start thinkin' about it. We are supposed to close on a house by September 30th & then I can focus more on it.
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love what you did. The room is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete