Monday, August 3, 2009

New Belly Pic and Nursery Sneak Peak

The Bump.com says baby Blake is the size of a sweet potato right now...but I seriously have to disagree. This baby HAS to be bigger than a sweet potato...


I mean...check out this belly? That looks like more than a sweet potato to me. But then again, maybe I have just been eating too many sweet potatoes and salami sandwiches. HA!


And just so you can judge for yourself...here is a close-up :-)


Even though I kid that my belly is getting bigger by the day, I have to admit...I LOVE IT! Getting a belly and feeling the baby move is by far the best part of pregnancy. I am finally starting to feel Blake move and it is such an amazing feeling...even the second time around. I honestly think the reason he started moving more this week is to let me know that he is LOVING his nursery so far!  

As promised, I am including a few pictures of the paint job my Dad and I did this past week. I chose two shades of blue from the bedding and separated the colors by a piece of wood screening (painted white). I was a little nervous about the colors when I first picked them, but now that they are up on the wall, I love them! Very boyish :-)


And because I am a sucker for little embellishments and details, I decided to add just a few wooden airplanes here and there along the border. The nursery is transportation themed and I have lots of decor related to trucks, trains and automobiles, so I wanted to make sure I got the planes in there too. I painted them to match the bedding and I think they turned out cute.


I know you were probably hoping for more pics, but I just can't reveal the rest until the nursery is complete :-) You know me...always being dramatic...but I love to wait until everything is in its place so that you can see the whole picture. Don't worry...I am on a mission to complete it before the start of the school year so it won't be long my friends :-)

15 comments:

  1. Your little tummy is so cute! And so is the paint job in the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the creativity! You look too cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait until you see the pictures of Isaac's nursery.. you will poop...we used the planes in an IDENTICAL manner.... hilarious! AND...

    You look FANTASTIC Friend!!!

    I can't wait to see the final pictures of the nursery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute nursery! We did kinda the same thing with Evan's nursery. My dad put up the chair rail up high on the wall closer to the ceiling, like you and I painted the top part a pale yellow and the bottom a light green, kinda sage.

    I can show you pics if you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, the nursery looks great so far! I love the two shades of blue and the darling airplanes. Your bump is so cute, too! Can't wait to see it grow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing and I can't believe your bump, too cute!!! Love the colors you picked and can't wait to see the nursery, once finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The planes are too cute! I can't wait to see the rest of the nursery! Your baby bump is cute too! I agree the best part of pregnancy is feeling them move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great Jen! I love your bump! So exciting about feeling Blake move! The colors are very sweet and boyish! And of course, the planes are adorable. Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute nursary. Love the bump!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to be pregnant if I looked as cute as you do! And can't wait to see that whole nursery...love those planes. I always wanted to figure out something to do with those cute wooden painted things in the craft store...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a cute little preggers belly! I love the room...expecially those 2 colors and the detail work you have done with the planes. I can't wait to see it all finished. I am sure it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I loved when I was that size. Big enough to tell you are pregnant, not big enough to get in the way!
    The planes are adorable...can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so need your help in Austin's room!! Love the airplanes! Secondly, you are so damn cute pregnant it's disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're the cutest Preggo ever. I mean, really. Blake's nursery looks SO cute! How difficult is putting up the wood screening? You can get that in different widths, right? I like the way it separates the colors but looks like it may be more simple to do than beadboard or a chair rail... Hmmm... I'm looking forward to the big reveal! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You girls are SO SWEET with your comments about my belly and the nursery :-) I heart you all!

    Kate - I so need to see pics of Isaac's nursery. Maybe your would give me some ideas too :-)

    Andrea - Just say the word and I will come help with Austin's room. You know I love decorating :-)

    Chelsi - The wood screening was SO easy to put up! And it is way cheaper than bead board or chair rail. The screening I got was like 32 cents a foot and my Dad said that sometimes it is even cheaper than that. If you need any help/tips about it, just e-mail me.

    Thanks again ladies! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete