Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ta Da! The Bookshelf is Done!

After brainstorming and searching the Internet for weeks trying to decide what style of bookshelf to build for Blake, I finally told my Dad "just paint me a red bookshelf. Nothing fancy...just something to put toys and books on." Well, that was SO not good enough for my Dad. He wanted a real project. And thanks to a random, early morning idea from my Mom who just sat up one day and said "why not make a book shelf to look like a gas pump or something"...the cutest boy's bookshelf ever was created.


I would love to take credit for the design of this bookshelf but it was 100% my Dad's idea...down to every last detail. Like the antique gas pump...


And the wooden globe personalized with Blake's name...


It was also his idea to display one of his antique LGB trains. And of course, a nursery wouldn't be complete without a piggie bank so Grandma Mueller took care of that detail (the car is a bank).


I guess the only thing I can take credit for are the Pottery Barn Kids canvas totes that I am such a fan of. It was fun buying boy colors for a change :-)


I wish my full-room picture would have turned out better because seriously...this bookshelf COMPLETELY makes the room. I mean really...can you have a bunch of vehicles in the room without a gas pump? I think not :-)

So once again...thank you SO MUCH Daddy-O for creating such a gorgeous, one-of-a-kind bookshelf for Blake. Him and I will cherish this forever :-)

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Jen! Could your family be any more creative?? Seriously, what a fantastic bookshelf! The room looks so perfect... Blake will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously wish I was Blake right now! How awesome is that bookshelf? I know my boys would think it is the coolest thing ever! I agree that you are all so creative, and it's even more special because it's a special heirloom from Grandpa! I love gifts that will last a lifetime...now if only you can keep Blake from destroying it as he grows! :) LOL. It's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bookshelf. Your nursery looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love it! That is such a great idea. It is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome daddy-o you have.. That's the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jen! Absolutely amazing! Like everyone's said already...such a creative family! Love it! How spoiled and loved is this little boy already? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bookshelf is sooooo damn cute! Your Dad has done it again.. I can't tell if he is just a wee excited for his first grandson! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jen! You have an amazing family, both your mom and dad are the most creative people and so dedicated and loving! You, Eric, Addie and Blake are so very lucky to have them! Great job on the room, it makes me want to have a boy. Lol
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I'll be borrowing your dad sometime... You know, when you all can take a lovely vacation to Washington! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Your Dad did an amazing job and it is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so creative!!! I love what you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one of the most creative bookshelves I have ever seen! So unique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful!!! I'm so glad you posted a picture. it's awesome! Your dad is crafty.

    ReplyDelete