Tuesday, August 18, 2009

To Dye or Not to Dye...

That is the question of the day my friends. In case it wasn't blatantly obvious to you, I am not a natural blonde. I am actually a brunette, but have been highlighting my hair for about 13 years. I have tried to go back to my "natural color" twice and both times I hated it. I was back in the salon the next day having them highlight me back to where I was. Every time I went in...this is the picture I would bring with me.


Jennifer Aniston is from a planet of hotness that I have never been to, nor will ever be invited to. But I have tried to copy her hair styles and colors for years (starting with the Rachel) and she is always my go-to girl. So, when I started thinking about dying my hair once again, I went out on a search for Jennifer Aniston brunette pictures. I think the reason I didn't like my hair the two times I tried to go back to brunette is because I didn't transition slowly. I just went in, told the stylist I wanted to be brunette, and I came out with hair darker than Wednesday Addams. So this time, I thought maybe I would start slow and work my way up to where I eventually want to be. So...for my first appointment...I am thinking of going to a light brown like this...


or this...


As you can see, there are still some golden highlights in there so I won't feel so dark all at once. But in the end (maybe by the second or third appointment) I would like to try this.


I don't know how I will feel this dark, but I think it would be fun to try something new. I have been blonde for a long time and even though I love my blonde locks, they are a LOT of maintenance. And when I was younger, single and kidless, I could make it to the salon any time I wanted/needed to. But that isn't the case anymore and I would love a hair style that didn't take so much work (or money).

So what do you all think? Am I crazy? Do you think blonde is a better color for me? Should I stick with the medium/light brown and skip the dark brown? I would really love to know your honest opinions :-)

8 comments:

  1. I think a slow transition to brown would be perfect! Just don't do the mall bangs and pink glasses with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i have been following your blog for awhile. I love your blog and read it every day! I am also an English major as well...but no luck finding a job! Back to your hair though...try it, make a change and if you do not like it you can always change back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the light brown. Go for it! That means I am supposed to be going blonde, right? I just had mine done last weekend, and it is dark. Still. I just want you to be the brave one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessi - HI there! So glad to have a new follower! And thanks for the advice...that is kinds of my modo too :)

    Molly - OKay...I will go first...but then you have to follow. Deal?

    Mama - Promise...no pink glasses or mall bangs. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen - I can't believe it, but I feel the same way about Jennifer Aniston's hair - she always has the best hair styles. I think light brown would look great on you, give it a try!
    By the way, you are very beautiful and I can't believe how big baby Blake is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you remember when my hair was platinum blonde. I mean straight out of a "sun in" commercial? Because i thought blonde was better? I have been slowly transitioning to brunette over the past 6 months and have gotten so many more compliments being brunette then blonde. Now i keep wanting to go darker! You look fantastic blonde, but i think you would be a great burnette too. Come on over to the dark side....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely transition into the brown, you don't want to go drastic (esp. with hormones in action).......believe me ...I've been there done that when pregnant.

    Jennifer Aniston rocks doesn't she!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, I am sad to say that I haven't seen you in forever...and you were probably in a Shaker uniform, however your hair in your pictures on this blog are great. I can't get over that healthy hair pregnancy gives us! I think that a gradual change to a light brown is a great way to go it is easier to maintain for sure I did the same thing when I found out I was pregnant because I knew getting my hair done all the time was not an option. You definitely chose a great time to start the transition. Fall is a great time to go warmer, richer, and darker! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete