Thursday, September 10, 2009

24 Weeks & a Milestone

Please excuse my messy ponytail and dark roots. I will be brunette in just a few short days so I figure there was no point in hiding them any longer. Ha! But here is a little peak at my 24 week belly.


That little bugger is growing like a weed and getting SO active! I feel him most at night and in the morning. Although, whenever I have a little too much sugar, he lets me know :-)

24 weeks is a pretty important milestone during pregnancy, and I have to say I am just as excited to hit it this time as I was last time. As many doctors will tell you, at 24 weeks, a baby has a fighting chance if born prematurely. There are no guarantees, but every day from here on out the baby is getting stronger and the odds are getting better. I just can't help but take some comfort in knowing that. Although, I hope this little peanut keeps cooking until the new year. And if he is anything like his big sister, he will stick it out to the very last day :-)

So, besides hitting this great milestone, I also had a doctors appointment today and learned that I passed my glucose test! Woohoo! I am a little low on iron (which is always the case) so I will have to take some extra vitamins. But my blood pressure was good, the baby's heartbeat was nice and strong, and I have only gained a total of 6 pounds. I don't know how that is possible (I think their scale might be off) but I am going to enjoy it now because once I hit about 25 weeks last time, the pounds just kept coming...and coming...and coming. And I am sure it had nothing to do with my late night milkshake runs. Ha!

Well I hope you all had a great day! I know Addie and I did :-) We have her 18 month doc appointment tomorrow. Boo for shots! But hopefully her visit will go as well as mine.

9 comments:

  1. You look so cute! Good luck at the doctors tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I was hoping we'd get a chance to see the bump again! You look beautiful! I can only hope that when I'm pregnant I'm in as good of shape as you are right now! So happy you've hit an important milestone!

    Keep us updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how freakin adorable you are. If I looked that good pregnant, I might actually consider another one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man...your pregnancy is flying by! I can't believe you're 24 weeks already! Before you know it...he'll be here! Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your belly is soo cute Jen! And only 6lbs...that's great!!! Keep the belly shots coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, you look so cute and i love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your belly is so cute. You can definitely tell it is a boy by the way you are carrying.

    Good luck for Addie at the Dr. I hate when they have to get shots.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your bump!! Yay for 24 weeks and a healthy mom and baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so freakin' cute! I'm glad everything was fine at the Dr. and hope little Miss Addie doesn't hate the shots... too much! :0)

    ReplyDelete