Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Halloween Prep

Considering how much I jump the gun with holidays, I am feeling a little behind in the Halloween department! I have had a few friends ask me what Addie is going to be for Halloween and when I say "I haven't thought about it yet" they all look at me with shock and surprise because most of them already have their costumes in hand. I guess they just assume that my Mom has already started making Addie's costume. Ha! And she did offer...but because she has to make my maternity bridesmaids dress, 7 matching clutch purses, and an endless list of holiday orders that already coming in from her Etsy site...I thought I would give her a pass on Halloween this year :-)

I am actually not that far behind for Halloween anyway. I did order Addie (and Blake's) Trick-or-Treat baskets from Pottery Barn Kids. I got Addie this cute little ghost...


And I got Blake this cute little spider. I know he won't get to enjoy it until next year, but I wanted them to match :-)


Before I order anything made out of fabric, I always ask my Mom if she can make it. If she can make it cheaper, she ALWAYS lets me know :-) But if she knows she can't...she makes sure that I jump on the deal. And in her opinion, these cute fabric bags are a steal for $12. And the best part...you get free shipping right now!

So...as far as costumes go...I was all set on Addie being a ballerina. She loves playing dress up already so I thought she would like a costume with a tutu. But when we were browsing the Disney store the other day, she reached out of her stroller to grab this costume...


We watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse every morning so I am not sure if she was drawn to the character...or the pink polka dots. Either way...I think she would look pretty darn cute as Minnie Mouse! And since her BF Kennedy is going as Tinkerbell, I think that would make for a great picture :-) And on the practical side, I like how this costume can be worn with thick tights and a little cardigan sweater. Halloween weather in IL is usually somewhere between 65-35 degrees. You never know what you are going to get. But with this costume...at least we have the option to layer if we need to :-)

So...what is everyone else being for Halloween? Eric and I never got into dressing up much. I wear the same witch hat every year with a black sweater and jeans. Plus, I think it is more fun dressing the kids up anyway. Have any of you bought your kids (or nieces or nephews) costumes yet? What are the hot trends for kids who are old enough to tell you what they want to be? My niece Nia asked to be Barney this year. She can sing all the songs from the show so I can't wait to see how excited she is when she wears the outfit :-)

11 comments:

  1. Elizabeth is going to be traditional Minnie Mouse and Austin will be Mickey. I got their costumes off ebay dirt cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your adorable blog and I love that minnie mouse costume! It is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww she's going to look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isaac is going to be Bam Bam... because well... that's what he likes to do AND he has the blonde hair... it's a no brainer! I can't wait to see how everyone looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. In my opinion you can't go wrong with Minnie!!

    I love the treat bags too. I may have to get some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Halloween. That is such a cute costume.

    D and I haven't really thought about what we will be. I had a funny idea to be Jon and Kate since they made her awful hairdo into a funny wig...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute costume! I think you should go with it. I have been asking my son for some ideas and so far he has been consistent with a character from Star Wars. I wish I got to pick his costume - it was always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I love the trick or treat baskets! I'm not dressing up Olivia since she will be so little. Next year I want to dress her up as a bumble bee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking for something warm for Emma (although last year it was in the 60s). I found a cute pink poodle costume and a black cat (both warm and fuzzy) because Emma loves animals! Not sure which one yet! Love the treat bags and Addie's Minnie costume! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Addie is going to be such a cute Minnie Mouse...can't wait to see her! Ryan is going to be Elmo. He LOVES Elmo and says it all the time. He even was yelling it in the background when I was on the phone ordering his costume! LOL I even got him an Elmo trick or treat pail to match! And by the way I love the treat bags you got the kids..so cute! I think Halloween is only going to get more fun each year with these kids!

    ReplyDelete