Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Patti!!!!

Last year, my Mother-in-law Patti turned the big 5-0. We celebrated that milestone with a big surprise party...


And an even bigger cake...


I am not sure that we will be able to top that celebration this year, but Dana and I are going to make sure that turning 51 is just as much fun :-)

I have to say...I am pretty lucky to have such a fantastic mother-in-law. Even 20 years ago, when I as just a little girl, Patti treated me like one of her own. She took Dana and I to the store, made us great snacks for our sleepovers, let us stay up all night watching movies, looked after us when we needed looking after (haha) etc. And now...all these years later...I finally get to call her mom...and that is a very special thing. I have learned so much from my own mother but there are two things I hope to learn from Patti. Like...

How to be a great cook. Seriously folks...she would give Betty Crocker a run for her money.


And how to be a great dancer. Have you ever seen a more perfect Macarana?


But seriously...Patti has so many wonderful qualities. For starters, she is an amazing mother...


An incredible mother-in-law...


And best of all...she is the sweetest, most caring and most loving Grandma that any kid could ask for. And I think these little peanuts would agree 100% :-)


We hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday Mom! You still look just as fabulous at 51 as you did at 21 :-) See you tomorrow!


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your MIL! It's nice to be blessed with a wonderful MIL. I too have a MIL that I wouldn't trade for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole story of your family! Your MIL is very cute! Also, how in the HECK do you have beautiful hair while CAMPING for the love?! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be Eric in the old photo... my goodness, Addie has that exact expression! Your MIL is beautiful! I love how you grew up knowing her. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am so greatful that you have such a great MIL and Fil! They are the best!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very lucky to have a great MIL...some people don't. ;-)
    Your MIL and Dana favor so much! Love the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh forgot to mention, Addie looks ALOT like Eric in that pic of him when he was young!!!

    ReplyDelete