This post is about a week overdue, since I made this scrumptious trifle for my father-in-laws birthday last weekend. But because a few of my bloggy/internet friends have been talking about trifle's lately, I thought it was a good time to share one of my FAVORITE trifle recipes:
The Chocolate Covered Strawberry Trifle
This recipe is SUPER simple to make and it is delicious (and low-fat if you can believe it!)
* 1 Angel Food Cake cut into 1 inch cubes
* 1 box of instant chocolate pudding prepared (choose sugar-free for low-fat)
* 2 16oz containers of Cool Whip (choose sugar-free for low-fat)
* 2 containers of fresh strawberries, sliced
Layer the above ingredients as follows:
* One layer of Angel Food Cake cubes (about half the cake)
* One layer of Cool Whip (use one container)
*One layer of sliced strawberries laying flat
* One layer of sliced strawberries standing up against the side of the glass.
* One layer of chocolate pudding (the pudding will mix with the strawberry layer)
* Another layer of Angel Food Cake cubes (other half of cake)
* Another layer of Cool Whip (other container)
Finish off the top with sliced strawberries.
See...easy peasy! My father-in-law loves Angel Food cake and strawberries so I thought this would be a nice twist. So what did everyone think?
Well...after we sang "Happy Birthday" (Nia's favorite part)...
And grandpa blew out his candle...
The kids performed their taste test...
Looks like a bunch of satisfied customers to me!
Anyone else have a great trifle recipe? I love using my trifle bowl and trying new recipes. I did just find a recipe for a pumpkin trifle so I will be sure to post that recipe once I give it a try. That is...if I can find any canned pumpkin!! Was there a recall or something?