Thursday, September 24, 2009

Strike Three...I'm Out!

Every year, as my birthday approaches, my family starts asking me what I want. The funny thing is...I can think of a million little things I want or need throughout the year but as soon as my birthday approaches...my mind goes blank. BUT...this year I decided to write a couple of things down over the past month so that I have some ideas to give people when they ask. One thing I knew I needed was more of my Origins face cleanser. I have used their "Get Down Deep" cleanser for a while and I love it.


So what's the problem? Well...Origins NO LONGER MAKES IT! It is out of stock everywhere I looked online so unless I get lucky in a store that still has a tube lying around...I am going to have to pick a new cleanser. Boo! Strike 1 for my birthday wish list.

No worries though...I have two other items on my wish/need list. I also wrote down that I needed my calendar refill for my planner (you know...the custom one my mom made me to fit my Franklin Covey spiral bound clutch size calendar?)


Um...yeah. THEY NO LONGER MAKE THAT SIZE!!! I just can't believe it! I have used this same calendar for 4 years and it is the perfect size for my purse. I know there are billions of calendars out there and I am sure I will find another. But I really loved this one :( Strike 2 for my birthday wish list.


So...with those two other gifts out of the way, I decided that if I only had one big gift to ask for, it wouldn't hurt to put my coveted Anthrolopogie sweater on my list right? I even went to Anthropologie with my SIL to try this sweater on in person last weekend (they didn't have my size or desired color or trust me...I probably would have bought it then. ha!).


Well, after both my mom AND Eric said they would get me the sweater for my birthday, I anxiously jumped online to send them a link to the color and size I wanted. And surprise, surprise, my size and color are BACKORDERED for two months. I know that it may still get here before Christmas, but we will already be into winter by then and I really wanted to enjoy it this fall too. So that is a big strike 3 for my birthday wish list.

And damn it...I really thought I was doing so good!! The only other thing on my list that my SIL  has already taken care of for me is a pair of SPANX (I wanted a pair for after the baby comes). Gotta love Dana...she is so thoughtful and practical :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to complain about my failed birthday list. Has this ever happened to any of you? You finally think of things you would like or need for your birthday or Christmas but when the time comes...you can't find them? Anyone have any good birthday ideas for me? Can you think of any products I need...but just don't know it yet?

11 comments:

  1. I love that Anthro sweater in red. It's on my wish list!!

    You need:a massage (pregnancy massage of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is your birthday? Mine is Oct 4th and I can't think of a single thing to ask for!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. birthdays are impossible - i can never think of what i would want. writing things down as the year goes on is really smart!

    all i'm asking for this year for xmas is a new camera or a kindle. maybe a gift card to amazon would do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how horrible! i would be so bummed! this makes me want ot make my birthday list NOW even tho it's not till February!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of a thing... It's my birthday next weekend and I haven't been able to think of anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sucks! i can't believe you got spanks. you do NOT need those! get gift cards for post-baby. you will want some new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sweater! I was on a mission a few months ago for new face wash and I did some research on Orgins but ended up getting Bliss Fabulous Face wash and I love it! Hope you have a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny,

    Is this what you are looking for?

    http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=All&srchtree=8&Ntt=get+down+deep

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzy...I LOVE YOU!!! You found my face wash! I think I may have to buy a case while I'm at it. Haha! Thanks cous...I owe you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can also get it online at Macy's. Happy cleansing!!! LOL :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, have been looking for the clutch size planner. I was frustrated enough to send an e-mail to Franlkin Covey. I rec'd a response, "We have the Clutch size planner available with us. It is not on the website. You need to call in and place the order. The item number for Clutch Her Point Of View Weekly wirebound is 36415. The Customer Service number is 1-800-654-1776."

    ReplyDelete