Monday, September 21, 2009

You Know You're Getting Old When...

* You eat dinner at 4:30 p.m.

* You contemplate going to bed at 8:00 p.m.

* You forget your phone number

* You ask for a new bath robe for your birthday

* You drive in the car in silence (no radio, no cell phone, etc.) because you have already heard enough noise for the day.

* You walk through Target with food on your face (and your pants) and no one says anything.

* You have to pee at least eleven times a day

* And last but not least, you know that no matter how tired you are, you will be up again by 6:00 a.m. (6:30 a.m. if you are lucky)

Looking back at the list, I guess it is a little hard to tell if I am getting old...or if this is just a normal day for all pregnant, SAHMs like me. Ha! Anyone else experience any of these things today? 

7 comments:

  1. oh Jen, this is my everyday life, although i don't have the car to myself very often, but we have hannah montana dance parties in the car....sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I'm old!! I love silent cars these days...and last night I went to bed at 9:00. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you! I'm not sure if it's getting old or being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm 27 with no kids and i was in bed by 9pm last night. i wouldn't worry about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when you kids would get in my car when you were in high school and wonder why the radio wasn't on!!! Now you know!!! What goes around comes around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I'm not a SAHM... and I'm not a mom at all...

    and last night i went to bed at 8:30...
    I drove to work in silence...
    the other day I finished eating at the apple orchard, was having a long convo with BF and he says "do you plan on wiping the food off your face?"...
    and when someone asks me how old I am I have to think about it and sometimes give the wrong age.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen- I think I am old too! I am pretty sure I hit every one of the things on your list, except the Target shopping, because well...today I had to work. Otherwise, you just typed out my life :)

    ReplyDelete