Saturday, October 3, 2009

10 Things I Love About Fall

It is the perfect, cozy Fall weekend in Chicago. We have had off-and-on rain but for some reason...I don't really mind! I look forward to days where I am forced to stay cozy in the house with Addie and Howie. Addie is asleep and Howie is occupied with a fresh Dingo bone so now I can finally relax with a cup of hot cider and read my Martha Stewart Living magazine. Looking at her autumn issue made me think of my top 10 favorite things about Fall so I thought I would share.

10. Sweaters, slippers, boots and all things cozy.

9. Flannel sheets on my bed.

8. Getting the chance to open the windows in my house during the day.

7. The disappearance of bugs and other pesky outdoor creatures.

6. Mums, scarecrows, pumpkins and other fun decor.

5. Halloween candy.

4. Pumpkin spice lattes and hot apple cider.

3. The smell of burning leaves.

2. Visiting the pumpkin patch.

1. Fall means the Christmas season is almost here!!

So...what are some of your favorite things about Fall?

2 comments:

  1. My hubby flew into Chicago yesterday and said "it's miserably cold here!!" haha. He left here in flip flops and shorts expecting the rest of the country to be 80 degrees, I guess!
    It is only, what, 2 weeks into fall and we have eaten all the candy corn! I am planning my Thanksgiving menu already, because cooking that meal is my favorite part of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lots of things about fall! I love the fresh and crisp air! I love the changing of the trees! I love the smell of the roast in my crockpot! I love feeling cozy in my sweatshirt or fleece... or wrapped up on the couch! I LOVE FALL! :)

    ReplyDelete