Friday, October 9, 2009

A Fabulous Surprise to Kick Off My Birthday Weekend!

When my BF Tara moved to central Illinois a few years ago, I was pretty bummed. I was afraid that we would grow apart or worse...lose touch for good. But true friends, no matter how far away they are, never lose touch. I can honestly say that Tara and I have become closer friends over the past few years because we do LOTS of talking. On the phone, over e-mail, in cards...whatever works at the time. And one tradition we have started is sending each other care packages every once and a while. We share books, pick up little things for the kids, send little birthday gifts, etc. AND...when I went to my mailbox yesterday...I noticed a little care package with my name on it!!! Here is what the note said when I opened the box...


In case I hadn't made it perfectly clear in several other posts, Tara and I LOVE the movie "Clue". Not sure why...but we do. We quote lines from it all the time. Well, little miss creativity decided to theme my birthday gifts around some of our favorite Clue quotes. And would you check out my loot!


Here a just a few examples of her creativity...




She literally filled a box of all of my favorite items! New jammies, a candle, a Christmas recipe magazine, CHOCOLATE COVERED CANDY CORN, bath bubbles and more!! Oh, and the one item I am most excited about is my cute tub of Clorox wipes. Every time I am in Target I see these and think they would be so cute on my counter. But they are always more pricey than the regular tub so I never buy them. Well...Tara decided to splurge for me :-) You know...it takes a real friend to know my love of movies AND cleaning supplies :-)

Thanks so much for a wonderful start to my birthday weekend Tara!!! I know there is more fun in store (like seeing my old friends from work and having dinner with my parents), but I honestly couldn't think of a better way to start the celebration. Luv ya honey! Wish you were here!

8 comments:

  1. I love that movie.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthdays will ALWAYS be fabulous as long as you spend them with those who love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it bad that I didn't even know they made a Clue movie? Hmm... I love Clue-less does that count? :0) I'm glad you have a BFF that knows you so well! That totally sounds like something my BFF would do for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! My BD and anniversary are both on Monday. When's yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, you blogged about me! Glad you enjoyed your gift--hearts to you!!
    (I have to post as anonymous because I don't know how not to, but it's Tara :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay that is such a good idea! I love it! what a great friend, have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those birthday items are GREAT! How fun is that with all of the clues.

    You're looking great in that third trimester of yours girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! I hope you have a fantastic birthday weekend! We love Libra's 'round here!! :D

    And your friend Tara clearly kicks butt!! :) Thank goodness for awesome friends!

    ReplyDelete