Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pinky

I always hear parents talking about their kid's lovies (i.e. favorite blankets, stuffed animals, etc.) and I was wondering for the longest time if Addie would form an attachment to something other than me :-) And over the last 6 months or so, Addie has DEFINITELY grown an attachment to one item...her blanket Pinky. 


We simply cannot function without Pinky, especially when it comes to nap time or bed time. I haven't let Addie take Pinky out of the house though (other than for sleepovers) because I don't want her to be dragging it around dirty grocery stores. But I have a feeling the begging is going to start soon, especially since Addie said "Pinky!" for the first time today. I am also getting a little worried about the crazy, off-chance that something should happen to Pinky. Dear Lord...what would we do?!!!

Luckily, Pottery Barn Kids is having a Warm and Cozy Event and all chamois blankets like Pinky are 20% off plus Free Shipping!


I am so happy to see this because these blankets never seem to go on sale. I gotta tell you...I feel pretty relieved knowing that I have a back-up Pinky in the closet now :-)

So...do any of your kids have a favorite blanket, stuffed animal, etc. that they can't live without? Have you purchased a back-up yet or are you secretly hoping that the beloved item makes its way to a garbage dump sometime soon? :-)

7 comments:

  1. Our "pinky" is the pink and white polka dot chamois blanket from PBK. Like Addie, she is allowed to have it at nap time, bed time and sleepovers. But it does NOT leave the house! And as soon as i figured out this was our blanket I ordered 2. They are in the closet. I am hoping to never have to use them and pass them down to Kennedy for her kids one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when Addie squeezes it so hard, she shakes! Her way of saying "I love you so much pinky." Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I think I might buy one for my (soon to be) niece. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth has her flower blanky, but we have weaned her from that, as she chewed the hell out of it. She now has a hannah montana blanky, but won't chew it.only suggestion, try to buy more than one of the same blanky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zach has his "blankie" as he calls it. His blankie is a smaller version of a chenille blanket he loved as an infant made by Little Giraffe. Not only does Zach have a back-up blue blankie he has two. I just bought the second backup because I can't imagine how upset he would be if he lost it. I have a total Lionus on my hands, but I try to limit blankie time to bedtime and naptime. So far he is pretty good about it, but I agree, the time is coming when he will want to take it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute holding her blanky!!! Love you Addie!!:)
    Aunt Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name! Cooper has his "baby". It is a blanket with a bear on top. We left it at a hotel and went without it for one miserable week! I do only take it out for overnights, though. I wouldn't dare loose it!

    ReplyDelete