Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Farm Fun!

It was a BEAUTIFUL Fall day today so we decided to pack the kids up and take them to the Pumpkin Farm!

We started our morning with a yummy slice of Pumpkin cheesecake that my friend Joe made me for my birthday. It has been sitting in my fridge for two days untouched because I knew we would be having a get together today. I can't tell you how much self control that took. 


Addie couldn't wait to dive in either.


You would think after eating a whole peice of cheesecake, the girls wouldn't crave anymore sweets. Umm....yeah....this is where we found them 10 minutes later...


Two peas in a pod I tell ya!


After we managed to get the kids away from the candy, we headed out to the pumpkin farm. We thought they could burn off a little sugar energy by playing in the houses first. Are these girls cute or what?!!




And of course, no pumpkin farm visit would be complete without scarecrow head pictures. Ha!



Not too accurate when you are standing on a hill, but this picture is still one of my favorites from the day.


I honestly thought we could avoid the goats this year since Addie didn't seem too into them at the zoo. But today....she was all about them. She called them all "Howard" and laughed her little butt off.


I tried so hard to get her to pet one...


But she was satified watching me do it.


After the goats, it was finally time to pick a pumpkin! Addie wondered around forever trying to find the perfect one...


So Grandma stepped in and helped her out :-)


Nia found one too...


And so did Nolan :-)


Taking pictures with the kids these days is no easy task, so here a few family shots that we were able to manage :-)




Even though it was a tad bit cold today, the kids had a BLAST at the pumpkin farm. Grandma, Aunt Dana and I are seriously pooped though and I think we all deserve a cup of cider and a long nap this afternoon. HA! Now the fun part comes in a few weeks when we get to carve all these pumpkins!!

5 comments:

  1. Could they be any cuter?? I need a little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I can't wait to take my little one to the "punkin patch" with his/her cousins! I think it's so special that you have that relationship with Dana. *awww* I will drag Brandon to the patch this weekend though. We have a cool one around here that does home made fritters and cider. I don't really have to drag him, he secretly enjoys it... I just know it! :0) Last year, we went to The Roloff Farm! You know, Little People Big World?! Their farm is about two hours away from here! So fun. Kind of crappy pumpkins though.

    Ok, I'm done rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun! Pumpkin cheesecake sounds pretty awesome right about now... for breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great day. I love taking pictures at the pumpkin patch. I am really hoping that we can make it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great shots! I love the one of them sneaking into the candy. :)

    ReplyDelete