When my old college BF Heidi asked me to help her judge dance try-outs at her high school tonight, I couldn't say yes fast enough. For starters, I haven't seen Heidi in a long time and this was a great excuse to get together. Also, I like any reason to reminisce about my "glory days" as a dancer :-)
(Picture taken in 2006...I am no longer that blonde, tan or thin....but Heidi still is!)
So tonight...as I watched these high school girls dance...I realized there are several things that I miss about being in high school. Here they are in no particular order:
1. I miss my high school figure. These girls were fit, tan and just overall adorable. And I overheard one of them say that they wanted a chocolate cake shake from Portillos. My ass grows just thinking about a chocolate cake shake.
2. I miss having only two financial responsibilities: Gas money and clothes.
3. I miss my high school job. It was at a dry cleaners and I literally sat in the back with my friend Tiffany every night talking about boys, listening to the radio, doing homework, etc. We were lucky if 5 customers came in every night. So basically, we got paid $6 an hour to hang out and talk.
4. I miss high school activities in general. Dancing on a team, being in clubs, going to proms and homecomings, etc.
5. NERD ALERT! I miss learning. I miss taking classes, learning new things, working on projects, researching, etc. I know I am learning PLENTY as a mom, but I miss classroom-style learning. I guess that is why I became a teacher :-)
Now...along with all the things that I miss about being in high school, there are 5 things I don't miss as well. And they are:
5. And most of all....DRAMA!
Oh wait...I guess you don't have to be in high school to experience that. Ha! So...what do you all of you miss or NOT miss about high school?