Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Super Cute Christmas Advent Calendars

If you all read my blog last year, I am sure you remember when I was on a serious mission to find the perfect Advent calendar to start Addie's Christmas tradition. I searched all of my favorite stores and had it narrowed down to one...

The Pottery Barn Kids Advent Calendar (this is this year's model)


And even though I am still a big fan of the fabric Advent calendar with pockets, I have seen some other awesome ideas for Advent calendars. Here are a few of my favorites.


This personalized Advent house is also from Pottery Barn Kids and I think it is a great idea for a table top or mantle display.


My Aunt Lori called me one night just to tell me how I HAD to check out this website she found called Garnet Hill. The one item she thought I would flip for was the Buckets of Joy Advent Calendar. Cute huh? You know...I honestly think you could make this advent calendar with some pretty ribbon and tin buckets that you can find in the dollar bin at Target.


Garnet Hill also has this adorable Hats and Mittens Advent calendar. I love how they are all different shapes and colors. I bet you could make this for yourself just by digging through the lost and found somewhere. Haha! But seriously, I think anyone could make this out of little hats and mittens ornaments that you can find pretty cheap.


Also from Garnet Hill, this Elf Advent Calendar is pretty darn cute! It makes me realize that you can pretty much sew pockets on anything and call it an advent calendar :-)


And finally, here is another traditional wall hanging fabric Advent Calendar by Hable. LOVE the cute pics on each pocket and like I said before, I am a big fan of this traditional style.

Which is why...after searching the internet for the perfect one last year...my mom decided to just make Addie her Advent Calendar! I was only able to fill it with Gerber Puffs and other 9-month-old treats last year. But this year...I already have an Advent stash of little toys and goodies to fill it with. I can't wait!!!!


9 comments:

  1. These are so cute. I remember I had one when I was little and I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is your mom going to be making more of those?!! I neeeeeeeeed one.. (insert whiny voice here) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love advent calendars! Your mom did a great job on Addie's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kate, Mama Mueller here! Once the wedding is over this weekend, I will begin sewing again! You and Andrea are first on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo hoo! I will probably want an Advent calendar too Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY FOR MAMMA MUELLER!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want one too! I searched and found one I loved last year that was a little house by sur la table but it was sold out. I love the pottery barn tree one too but it's a little too big.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love avent calanders! My mom always had us a different one every year. Keep us posted if you make the bucket one! You could do a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete