Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Beautiful, One-of-a-kind, Maternity Bridesmaid Dress

Well...Jan (a.k.a. mama) has done it again! When she told me she could make a maternity bridesmaid dress that would coordinate with the dresses the rest of the girls are wearing...


I wasn't sure I believed her. It wasn't that I doubted her abilities...I just thought..."How the hell is this going to work?" She had no pattern, no instructions, and no way of knowing if it would all work out. But after lots of test-runs and a full mock-up dress, she was able to get the measurements just right. Ta Da!!!



Pictures are always a little deceiving, but when you see the dress on me, you will agree that it is about as close as you can come to matching the rest of the girls. And really, I think that is quite amazing considering the girls are wearing trumpet style dresses and I have a 7-month-pregnant belly. Ha! Thank you for all your HARD WORK mama! The dress is beautiful and I can't wait to wear it on Saturday!

So...with my brother's wedding only days away, I am afraid I need to take a little bloggy break. There is a lot to be done (including packing bags, steaming dresses, picking up tuxes, mani/pedis, attending the rehearsal dinner, etc.) and that leaves little time for coming up with creative posts :-) But have no fear...I will be back on Sunday with some wonderful pictures and a recap of the big day!

8 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous!! Can't wait to see you in it!! She did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful she did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom could not be more talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's beautiful..can't wait to see you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful!

    I wasn't lucky enough to have someone to make a maternity bridesmaid dress for me but I found a great one here:

    http://cheapermaternityclothes.com/category/maternity-bridesmaid-dresses/

    Wish I had someone as talented as your mom though :)

    ReplyDelete