Monday, November 30, 2009

Poor Santa

I know the day will come when Addie will beg me to go see Santa at the mall so she can eat a candy cane, sit on his lap, and tell him what she wants for Christmas. Sadly...that day was NOT today.


We were blessed with the kindest, sweetest, most patient Santa in the world and he STILL couldn't make this child sit and smile. She was freaked from the minute we approached his chair. He bribed her with everything from Candy Canes to stuffed penguins, which were both immediately chucked to the floor. She wanted out of there NOW. I told the camera lady to just snap anything she could get and Santa held on tight while Addie thrashed and kicked like a wild woman (which also caused her cute little jean skirt to ride up to her tummy). When Santa finally let her loose, I expected her to bolt. But instead, she took a few quick steps away from him...turned...and said "Bye Bye!" and waved. Santa just laughed and smiled, but I know he was crying inside, especially from the bruises she surely inflicted. 

Poor Santa...I think I need to bring him a hot chocolate (spiked with booze) and a tin of cookies tomorrow :-( He deserves it!

9 comments:

  1. Jen- That story just made me LOL! I am so sorry you had to bear witness to that, and that Santa was possibly injured in the process. I think Addie is a stitch though, and obviously a toddler who knows what she wants...unfortunately, a smiling picture of her with Santa this year was not on her list. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww poor Santa! I was exactly like that when I was little, all my Santa pictures feature me screaming like a maniac! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww poor Santa! Maybe next year Addie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so loved this picture when you posted it on FB last night. It really is priceless. Next year she will realize just how cool Santa is and show Blake how it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Santa! That is too funny! The picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Listen, I love this picture. Also, we took Isaac to Santa on Sunday, and that Santa is AMAZING. He was SO good with Isaac!! But, his picture is not NEARLY as good as this one. Classic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny and that picture is going to be chuckled at for years and years! Awesome!

    Love the new blog look too! Good job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok i'm sorry, i should not laugh at a child who's upset, but that picture is CLASSIC!!! it should be on a blog somewhere. i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete