Thursday, December 17, 2009

38 Weeks & a HUGE Belly

I am 38 weeks pregnant today and that is a VERY good thing because I don't think my belly can get any bigger. Seriously. I am stretched to the max and I am down to one pair of jeans that are actually still comfortable. So take a good look friends...I will be in these and comfy pants for the next 11 days. 


11 days. It is hard to believe that I will have a brand new baby in my arms in just 11 days!!!! It all seems so surreal. I spoke with an O.B. nurse at the hospital today so that we could go over all of the details for my c-section next Monday. Here are some things I know for sure:

* There is still a ban on visitors under the age of 18 (because of Swine Flu) so Addie will not be able to come to the hospital to meet her little brother. I was very sad about this at first, but I understand why they are doing it. I would rather everyone be safe and healthy and not take any risks. But boy will I miss her those 3 days I am in the hospital :-(

* As long as everything goes as planned, we will be home by New Years Eve day. I honestly can't think of a better way to spend the last day of 2009 than in my own house, with my wonderful hubby and two beautiful babies :-)

* Things should be "easier" this time. She explained that while she can't take away the natural anxiety that all mom's feel before going in for a scheduled c-section, she can tell me that most mothers say that their second c-section is WAY easier than their first. We know what to expect and recovery is much faster, especially since we are not in labor for hours and hours beforehand. And that is very nice to hear.

* And last but not least, I have been assured that Bella Baby Photography is still working with the hospital and they will be up to take pictures the second day I am there. Yay! They did such a beautiful job with pics when I had Addie. This also means that I will have a link to share with all of you so that you can get a look at Blake after he is here.

Writing about all of this tonight is making me SO ANXIOUS!!!! I can't wait to meet my little man. But before I get myself all worked up again (and miss out on a night of sleep) I better wrap things up. But stay tuned tomorrow friends. My Dad has given me two of my Christmas presents early and I MUST post pictures. Both pieces are just beautiful...of course :-)

12 comments:

  1. jen, It is so much easier than the first time!!! I opted to just stay 2 days this time,I wanted to recover in my home. Just remember to not pick Addy up for a few weeks! Your incision site will be numb for quite a while too...The most nerve racking thing for me at least was actually having to walk down to the OR suite,hoping on the table,then feeling the spinal meds travel downward! so weird! Can't wait to see Blake, and we will most definately have to get together once things have calmed down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at you! Still look so cute! I can't believe he will be here in 11 days! So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic as always!! And yes that belly is big!! But Blake will be out in no time!!

    Enjoy the comfy pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JEN! I'm SO SO SO excited for you! You look adorable and even if you don't feel like it, savor the last few days with that little boy kicking away at your insides. Good luck to you...I'll be sending you lots of positive csection vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, you are the cutest pregnant girl I have ever seen!! Seriously, makes me excited to someday have my own little one.

    But we need to talk... I've become super attached to your blog (and your awesomeness), and I'm suffering from older child syndrome (lol). I'm afraid after the new little one is born, we won't hear from you as much! So make my anxiety go away too! LOL! Just playing around (kind of!).

    Enjoy these last few days of your pregnancy, try and relax, and he will be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies!! You are all so very sweet :-)

    Rachel - No worries honey. I am addicted to blogging and with a new baby comes all kinds of new material to talk about!! I am not going anywhere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look fabulous and tiny! Seriously, you do not look like you could be 38 weeks along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are you!! What a perfect bump! Good luck and happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a cute pregnant girl! How exciting! I love your blog--hope you dont mind if I follow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Rachel!!! :0) Don't forget about us, ok? I know we're not as cute as Blake will be... but we love you too!

    In all seriousness, you may not feel adorable... but you really are. I can't imagine the anxiousness you're feeling though and as an anxious person already, I won't be looking forward to that feeling when my time comes *someday* Anyway, try to enjoy the holidays and not worry too much about Blake coming during dinner... HAHA! :) Just kiddin'!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, you look great! Seriously, you just look like you swallowed a basketball. Enjoy these last few days of a family of three. Cannot wait to meet Mr. Blake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I just found your blog pretty much on accident following a link that someone on my blog had come from. When I realized that we have the same due date, I just had to say hello and good luck!!!

    Bailey
    TheMartinZoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete