Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Gifts From Pops

While on one of my house cleaning/organizing missions, I realized that I wanted/needed two new pieces of furniture. For one, I needed some kind of a bench in front of my bed that can be used for toys (since Addie plays in our room a lot), extra blankets, and a stepping stool for Howie and Addie to get onto the bed. I found a gorgeous piece at Pottery Barn and one equally cute from Target. BUT...I can never buy anything without asking my mom and dad if they can make it first. Pops was looking for a new project and I have to say...the man did me proud!!! Look how fantastic this bench is!!!


The stain matches our furniture and the bassinet he made for Addie (which is now for Blake). My mom is working on a chocolate brown cushion for the top and I think it is just PERFECT!!!! Sorry Pottery Barn...Daddy-O wins again!


And while he was at it, I told him that I also liked the shelf that matched the bench in PB catalog. I thought it would be perfect in my laundry room for organizing coats, gloves, scarves, etc. So, he just went ahead and whipped this one together too. 



As long as we can ALL manage to put our scarves, hats and gloves back where they belong...I think this shelf will really help keep the laundry room organized. But even if it doesn't, it is still super pretty to look at :-)

Thanks again for my early Christmas gifts Pops!!! They are beautiful as always :-)

2 comments:

  1. Your Dad is so talented! I wish we were related so he would whip up stylish furniture for my home! Oh well...at least you get to reap the rewards of his craftmanship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are so beautiful! You are so lucky to have such a craftsman of a dad!

    He does great work!

    ReplyDelete