Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Final Belly Pic Before the Big Day

I cannot BELIEVE this is my last belly shot! 39 weeks preggers. I swear it feels like yesterday I was breaking my pregnancy news to everyone and now I am only a DAY away from having Blake!!! Where did the time go?

This is by far my least flattering belly pic yet, but I am a day away from having a baby and lets get serious...I am no Giselle :-)


But if I've said it once I've said it a hundred times...meaty = healthy when it comes to babies. And I think it is safe to say that there is one meaty baby in there. Ha!


For weeks now, my mom and a few others have said that I look bigger in the belly this time around. I know that boys tend to be bigger and I do feel HUGE right now. But to be honest, I don't think my belly is much bigger than it was with Addie. I think it is just that I filled out all over the place with Addie (that's what sitting at a desk eating all day will do to you) and this time I seemed to have gained all my weight in the belly (that's what chasing a toddler all day long will do to you). So maybe that's it! But you can see for yourself. Here is my 39 week belly pic with Addie...


Since there is really no point in guessing when I will have Blake, maybe we could play a game of "Guess his weight"! I have added a poll to my right sidebar. And to help you make your decision, Addie was 6 pounds, 13 ounces when I had her at 39 weeks, 6 days. I will be having Blake at 39 weeks, 4 days so we are pretty close time wise. I guess only time will tell!!

So speaking of the big day, I am sure you are all wondering how and when you will find out about Blake's arrival. The good news is that I will have Internet access in the hospital so I will be sure to post at some point during my stay. But in the meantime, I have asked my mom to guest post so that she can share all the details when he arrives.

And that, my friends, will be the next time you hear from me! I have decided to take the day off from blogging tomorrow so that I can spend some quality time with Addie and Eric. I am going to miss my little peanut SO MUCH while I am in the hospital, but I know she is in excellent hands with her grandparents. Eric will also be taking time to come home and play with her so I'm not worried. Plus, this will give me some one-on-one time to bond with my new son. Gosh...that sounds so weird!!! My SON! Can you tell I am excited???!! I am also scared shitless...but luckily the excitement gets me through all that. All I can do at this point is hope and pray that Blake and I get through delivery safe and sound. Thanks to all of you who have already sent your well wishes for the big day. Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated :-) 

And on a parting note, I just want to thank you all so much for sharing this journey with me over the last nine months. It has been so much fun documenting all these exciting milestones. And the best part is...it is all just beginning!!! Stay tuned friends...Blake will be here shortly :-)

16 comments:

  1. I'm so excited too! Can't wait to see pics of his beautiful little face!

    And your pics of you with Addie and now with Blake look so very much alike!

    Can't wait to "meet" you little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I am so excited for you! You really are ALL belly!! Enjoy your time with Addie and I cannot WAIT to hear all about blake's arrival!

    So happy for you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome and your giving Gisele a run for her money! Good luck Monday!!! Cannot wait to see the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Praying for you both and can't wait to see pics of your beautiful new boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!! I can't wait to see pictures of Blake.

    Best of luck hun. You are in my thoughts and prayers for a healthy delivery. You will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for Blake's safe arrival and for your quick recovery! Good luck on Monday and can't wait to hear the big news!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck Jen! I will be praying for you that all goes well! I cant wait to see pics of Blake and hear all about his arrival!!!! I am sooooooo excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck, my dear! can't wait to see pictures!! :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mamacita is ready to guest post! Hey, why should Addie always get to be the guest poster!!!! Can't wait to announce my new grandson's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen- I am so thrilled that the big day is so close. It is so nice to get your body back after these final months, and to be able to bend and lift without a care. That skill comes in really handy when you have two at home!

    Enjoy your time with Blake and don't worry about Addie. As my mom told me, at this age they won't remember that you were even gone, and they will never remember their life without their sibling. And who isn't thankful to have their siblings?

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very excited for you! And you DO look gorgeous! Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look fantastic!!! best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck tomorrow, I started following your blog about a year ago ( I found it through Mandy's) it has been fun watching your belly grow you do pregnancy well by the way! Hope you have a great delivery and I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait til see the little one..Welcome Blake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are SO cute!! Good luck girly! Can't wait to "meet" him! :)

    ReplyDelete