Thursday, December 31, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I can't begin to describe how WONDERFUL it feels to be home today! It was the longest morning in history waiting for the doctors to come and give us the okay to leave. So...we killed time by taking a few going home pics...



I thought about Addie our entire drive home. I wondered if she would cry when she saw us, if I would cry when I saw her, if she would understand who Blake was, etc. And in all the scenarios in my head, I never imagined I would witness love at first sight...


Addie could not wait to touch her baby brother. She ran right to us on the couch and wrapped her little arms around him...


We all kept trying to call her name so that she would look at the camera but she couldn't take her eyes of Blake. She was totally and completely in love him.


At one point she even looked up at me like "is this my baby"?


She tried taking Blake off my lap (probably so she could go put him in her baby bed) but when I told her that he had to stay with mama, she just held his hand a little longer.


That of course only satisfied her a minute so we decided to let her hold Blake by herself.


She was so gentle and delicate with him and when we asked her to give him a kiss, she slowly rolled him to her and kissed him on the cheek. That is where the tears started flowing for me :)


Here she is watching to make sure no one took him from her just yet. We have the CUTEST video of this moment that I promise to post at some point. She was telling him about Howie and pointing to him on the floor. It was just precious.


So that is how our family of 3 became a family of 4 today. Addie is in love with her brother and I have a feeling that she is going to be the best big sister in the world. My heart is just bursting. This will certainly be the happiest New Year of our lives :-)

Happy New Years to all!!!

15 comments:

  1. How precious is that! Such gorgeous kids Jen. So happy for you guys.

    Happy New Year Hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That is just the sweetest thing ever. What a wonderful New years Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addie with Blake is too adorable! How happy you must all be! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jenny!!! You have a beautiful family :) Continued blessings in 2010!!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is soooo sweet! She is going to be a wonderful big sister! Hope y'all have great New Year's at Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! She is a little Mother Hen!!! I can't wait to see the video... Enjoy your New Years...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home blake!!! Addie DOES look completely and utterly in love! What a happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, Love, LOVE this moment. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that the sweetest thing ever! I'm so happy for you all- what a beautiful family!! Addie is going to be a great big sister to Blake! :) Looking at these pictures brought tears to my eyes. :) Happy New Year Jen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a precious moment.. they are so sweet together.. I can see him going into overload with everything she wants to tell him.. congrats.. glad you're home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, I am so thrilled that Addie adored Blake right away! Looking at the two of them together is one of the sweetest pics I've seen, I especially like the one where Addie is holding Blake's hand. She'll probably do that a lot in his lifetime, because that's what great big sister's do! Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my what an absolutely precious unforgettable moment! Thank u for sharing with us such an incredibly special time for you and your newly expanded family! My heart melted a little when she held his hand!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh how precious!! Definitely print this out and save it to give to her on days when she is complaining about him!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so totally crying right now! That is so darn precious. I am just so happy for your family!

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute!! :) Your whole family is together at last! :)

    ReplyDelete