Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Memories of Christmases Past...and a Survey!

I came across two cute Christmas posts yesterday and I thought I would borrow the ideas. Thanks Heather and Jen!

First up...a fun little Christmas Survey

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I definitely prefer wrapping paper and even if I use a gift bag, I usually wrap the gift inside of it. Ha!

2. Real tree or artificial? 
I have always wanted to get a real tree, but they seem like so much work! So we go with a fake tree complete with lights :-)

3. When do you put up your tree?
As soon as possible without getting too many crazy looks. After Halloween is over...I just pick the first free weekend I have. I like to celebrate Christmas and enjoy my decorations as long as possible.

4. Do you like eggnog?
No way Jose.

5. Favorite gift received as a child?
My parents bought me a Polaroid camera. I thought that was the COOLEST thing ever. I still have Polaroid pictures from the Christmas they gave it to me.

6. Do you have a nativity scene?
No I don't.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My Husband.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom. I always go over my limit on her :-)

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Mail of course! I love sending and receiving snail mail.

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
This is a tough one. I would have to say "White Christmas" and "Christmas Vacation". Depends on my mood :-)

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I am thinking about Christmas year-round and usually have a few gifts put away by the start of Fall.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Duh...COOKIES!!

13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree?
Both. We have two trees and one has clear and the other has colored. I like variety.

14. Favorite Christmas song?
I love ALL Christmas music. I listen to the Charlie Brown Christmas CD in July sometimes. Ha! But my two favorite songs are "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" and "White Christmas" (sung by Bing of course).

15. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
We are lucky to be home for Christmas. My parents live 5 minutes away and my in-laws live 6 minutes away. It works out well because I would HATE to have to travel.

16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes indeed! Only if I sing though.

17. Angel on tree top of star?
Angel. I have used the same one since I bought my Christmas tree for my first apartment.

18. Open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
Both! We celebrate Christmas Eve with my family and then Christmas Day with Eric's family. Although, when we were kids, my mom and dad would let us open one gift on Christmas Eve and my brothers and I would get SO excited. I would like to keep that tradition going with Addie and Blake :-)

Yay! That was fun! Thanks again for the idea Heather! Okay...on to memories of Christmases past. I thought it would be fun to reflect on the Christmases that Eric and I have shared together.

CHRISTMAS 2005

This was our first Christmas together AND our first Tacky Christmas sweater party :-) We didn't have any kiddies yet, but as you can see...we were already a family.


CHRISTMAS 2006

This was a very special year for our family because not only did Eric and I get married in August, but my brother Adam married Diana in November! We had a crazy busy year so it was fun to celebrate the holidays and act as goofy as we felt :-)


CHRISTMAS 2007

This was technically Addie's first Christmas, although she wasn't around to open presents herself. But trust me...she got a ton anyway :-)


CHRISTMAS 2008

This was an amazing year for our family because we welcomed our first baby!! Although by Christmas, Addie wasn't much of a baby anymore. She was already saying "mama" and "dada" and trying to walk on her own.


And that brings us to CHRISTMAS 2009. I haven't posted a pic yet because obviously...Christmas is still a few days away! But I have a feeling this one is going to live in our memories forever since we will be receiving one of the most amazing gifts of our lives. Eric and I will have a son and Addie will have a baby brother. What more can you possibly ask for :-)

Well friends...tonight kicks off our family's 3-day Christmas celebration! It will consist of one family gathering after another. Most of the posts to follow will be in pictures, but that is more fun anyway :-) 

6 comments:

  1. I love that you have a picture from every Christmas. We haven't done that. Maybe we'll start this year with Olivia. Hope y'all enjoy your last holiday of a family of three! Cannot wait to see pics of Blake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - Love the Christmas flashback! You look absolutely glowing and gorgeous in 07 when you were pregnant with Addie!
    Just wanted to thank you for pointing out the American Girl Dog to me - I found her and she's up on my blog today! My husband wants to get her...He's like "How much? How much!" Hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics. I need to start keeping track of our pics each year.

    PS I'm off to the hospital to meet my niece. SO excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two weekends ago I went up to Milwaukee to meet your real-life friend/old co-worker Jenn and we chatted about what a great mom you are. Seriously I love your posts and hearing about your family. I can't wait to "meet" Blake. :)

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures!! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete