Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Be Thankful

Today...I am reminded once again how short life is. My cousin Diane sent a very sad e-mail this morning. Her cousin Kevin has been helping his beautiful wife Deanne fight cancer for quite some time (they are pictured below). We have all been praying and hoping that things would turn around but sadly...God had other plans for this wonderful woman. She passed away last night and I have been thinking of them ever since. Kevin and Deanne were just married this summer and they should be spending their days planning their future, not planning a funeral. My heart is so heavy for Kevin, my cousin Diane and their entire family.


My cousin has always described Deanne as a positive, happy, strong woman who always saw the bright side of everything. I am sure she is in heaven right now, smiling down on all of us. But even the knowledge of that can't take away the sadness everyone feels right now. So I ask...if you have a moment tonight...please say a prayer for Kevin and the rest of his family as they prepare for the hardest week of their life. And while you are at it, take a moment to be thankful for all that you have in your life. Give your significant other a big kiss, hug your kiddies extra tight, call your mom and dad and just be thankful. Good night friends.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I will definitely keep the family in my prayers. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Your whole family will be in my prayers, especially her husband. I can't imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad and so young. Reminds me that we are not invincible and to appreciate every day of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. Life is just too short sometimes and I try and enjoy every minute because of that.

    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jen for for posting this. I really appreciate as many prayers as we can get for Kevin and Deanne's family. It will definitely be a hard time for them to get through but they have the best angel in heaven who already showed them how.

    ReplyDelete