Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blake is 1 Month Old!!

How is it even possible that my baby boy is already a month old!!! I guess it is true what they say...time flies when you are having fun! Here is a picture of my little man sporting his cowboy outfit from Auntie Tara (check out the little cowboy boots. Precious!)


Blake had his one month doctors appointment today and the doc said he looks fantastic!! He also said that Blake looks like "one healthy little eater". I guess that had something to do with the fact that he weighed 10 lbs, 3 ozs today!!!! He was born weighing 7.11 so he has gained almost 3 pounds since birth!!! Craziness :-) Looks like he is going to be a little meatloaf like his big sister was as a baby. Ha! 

Here is what else is going on in Blake's world these days...

Eating
As I said above, Blake is one hearty little eater. He eats ALL THE TIME!!! But I guess that is a good thing because nursing is really helping me shed the pounds :-)

Sleeping
We are still working on this one. I know he is only a month old, so I am not expecting him to sleep much at night. Most nights he is still up every 2 hours to eat, but last night we did a 3 hour stretch, which was wonderful for me. But the good news is that the doc said because he is eating so much and growing so quickly, he will most likely be sleeping much better in the coming weeks. He even said...dare I say it...that he could be sleeping the night by 2-3 months instead of 4-5 months. AHH! Wouldn't that be fantastic? I am not counting on it...but a girl can dream :-)

Growing
In a mere 4 weeks, my baby boy has put on almost 3 pounds and 2 inches!! He has already grown out of newborn diapers AND his newborn sleepers :-( My baby is growing too fast!!! But I love that he is so healthy and plus...he has a lot of cute 3 month outfits I can't wait for him to wear. Ha!

Playing
I am not 100% sure, but I may have seen my first smile today!! He was looking at me and I made a silly face and kissed his nose. It could have been gas, but he flashed me this huge smile! I am very excited for the month ahead because baby smiles are just about the cutest thing ever. 

Anyway, that is Blake's one month recap! He is cute as a button and healthy as can be. I am so blessed :-)

* On a totally unrelated side note, I would just like you to know that my friend Andrea, who started her Hair Bows & More business, is giving away a FREE hair bow to the first 5 followers on her site!! Be sure to stop by today!! 

11 comments:

  1. He is such a cutie and getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't believe he's already a month old! That's gone by fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's getting so big!! :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so darn cute,Jen! we will have to get the boys and their big sisters together soon. Thanks for "pimping" my site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..1 month..really it seems like yesterday.. how fast time flies.. Glad to hear he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm...okay...he's just stinkin' adorable! I love his outfit and his little itty bitty face! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blake's is so freaking cute! I love his boots! I need those for Nickolai! :0)

    Also, I tried to comment on Andrea's blog and blogger is being fickle damnit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how much bigger he's getting! He is so sweet in his cowboy outfit...I just love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's gorgeous! Almost makes me want another little one. Almost ;)

    ReplyDelete