Friday, January 15, 2010

A Cute Weekend Flick

If any of you are looking for a cute flick to watch this weekend, I highly recommend checking out "Julie & Julia".


I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about this movie, but I personally thought it was great! It made me want to eat the whole time...but I do that anyway :-) Eric thinks the reason I loved the movie so much is because it is about blogging. Ha! And I guess he is partially right. There are several funny scenes about readers, comments, etc. that are totally relatable if you are a blogger. One of Julie's first comments is from her mom so she says it doesn't count. If you scroll back to some of my first posts, my mom was the only one commenting on my blog too. Haha! Anyway, I suppose that is why I loved the movie so much...it was totally relatable. Well that, and the fact that she is a writer :-) Oh...and did I mention the food?

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Glad u posted this! I was just talking with my friend about what movie we should rent to watch while we donate platelets (since it takes 2 hrs)next week and we weren't sure. Now I know! I will be watching this next friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen this yet but really want to. I may have to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this movie! The hubs fell asleep, but I was totally enjoying it. I am going to get the cookbook and try my hand at boning a duck. No lie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny cause my oldest came home and said her friends mom blogs and watched this and I should watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new header! And I loved Julie & Julia, which was shocking because I am not even remotely interested in cooking. But this movie made me want to learn how to cook, so for Christmas I both asked for and received Julia Child's cookbook and a dutch oven! {It also doesn't hurt that I will pretty much watch anything featuring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams.}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it. We saw it in the theaters and Brandon and his dad liked it as well. But, they're both into cooking too... maybe that helped. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete