Friday, January 22, 2010

Favorite Facial Cleansers

I am still mourning the loss of my favorite facial cleanser...Origins Get Down Deep-Pore Clay Cleaner. I guess Origins discontinued it some time ago but I have managed to still find a tube or two from random websites like drugstore.com. Well, when I went to drugstore.com today I saw what I have been dreading for months. NO LONGER AVAILABLE. AHH!!! I am just so sad. I am very picky about the type of face wash I use and I have absolutely loved this cleaner and my skin has never looked clearer. 


What I liked best about this cleanser was the feeling of clay, and there was a slight cool tingle after rinsing it off that made my face feel fresh. It also didn't over dry my skin, which was an added bonus. I haven't done much research yet, but I am on the hunt for a new cleanser that will accomplish the same things. I have combination dry/oily skin and I do break out from time to time so I like pore cleaners because they get down deep. I am not apposed to paying a little more for a good cleanser, especially if I know it works. Plus, I always ask for Macy's gift cards so I can stock up on my fancy beauty products :-)

So...the question of the day is, what facial cleanser do you use? Have you used it long? What do you like best about it? I am willing to give anything a try at this point so I can find my new favorite :-)

11 comments:

  1. I use Lancome. I know, it's pricey but I am obsessed with their face wash, face cream (anti wrinkle) and mascara. I refuse to use anything else!! It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever you do - DO NOT try proactiv. got delivered last week and i ended up in emergency two days ago with rash that spread all over my face an eyes causing broken blood vessels everywhere. no makeup, or washing my face for 4 days. So, if you find a good one, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash and it's the best! Last year I was obsessed with finding a new cleanser that actually worked on my skin and this was the winner.

    I also use Aveeno too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have fairly normal skin that rarely breaks out too terribly also. I have used Lancome's Mousse Radience since I was 16 or so. I think I just used to steal my moms back then and never went back! I LOVE the way it smells, yum! However, this past year with me being in school full time we've cut back on a lot and took my derm's advice of trying Cetaphil. It is super mild and doesn't irritate my skin at all as cheap cleansers always have. I want to return to Lancome (in fact, I'm going to ask for it for my birthday!) but at 30/bottle it's a bit spendy for us right now. I bought the Cetaphil at Costco for like 10 bucks. Sheesh!

    Anyway, I love Lancome products. I wear their mascara and love the face products... http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P217909&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1741

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am no help here as I can only use dove white soap or cetaphil to clean and MK night emolient cream to moisturize. But I will agree that proactive= chemical burn... well at least for me. WE have to use cetaphil on Austin and it not only cleans but moisturizes as well. Added bonus of not being all that expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used Clinique for almost 7 years and I LOVE their skincare! I'm a bit partial because I worked there for 3 years...but I still use most of their skincare and makeup. They have something similar to what you were using called the Deep Cleansing Emergency Mask. Typically it's for more oily skin, but I have combo skin and I use it. It also has the menthol in it for that cool-tingling feeling. At $19.50 it's not too pricey. I've had mine for awhile because a little goes a long way. They also have their gift with purchase! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been using Neutrogena facial cleaner for quite some time now. Very happy with it, plus, you can get it in pretty much every grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I refuse to use anything else!! It's fantastic!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  9. So.. sad I just found out today. I have used this product for years. If you do find a replace HOLLA! Had I know I would have purchased a case.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If anyone finds out a replacement that is for oily skin, vegan, no animal testing, and no sodium laurel sulfate.........PLEASE let me know! Before all the years of using Get Down, I used to use Merle Norman Gel Cleanser. It's good, but I stopped using it because it had sodium laurel sulfate. I don't know what it costs now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good selection of facial cleansers. How about listing your favourite carpet cleaning products.

    ReplyDelete