Sunday, January 24, 2010

Looking For the Best Carpenter in the Chicagoland Area?

Well, then you're in luck! My Dad is for hire and he is by far the best carpenter in world :-) But then again...you probably already know that from the millions of posts I have written about him and his handy work. In fact, ever since I started this blog, I have put my Dad to work MANY times. Lets take a look back at his amazing work shall we?

For starters, here is the beautiful fireplace mantel he built for us last year... 


He also built me my Pottery Barn Look-A-Like bench...


And shelf...


He also designed and built Addie's first sled (which will soon be Blake's :-)


Addie and Blake have both spent many nights in this beautiful Bassinet...


He also decked out both kids rooms, like Blake's Gas Pump bookshelf...


And Addie's built-in wall units and shelves...


And today, my Dad delivered his latest project. When I asked him to fix the wobbly leg on the garage sale table Addie was using for coloring and crafts...he decided he would rather spend his time building her something bigger and better. What did he come up with? Well...take a look!


I keep the craft table in my kitchen so he wanted to stick with the "kitchen" theme and built her this gorgeous little booth!!! Now Addie (and one day Blake) can sit and eat snacks, color, play with playdough, etc. and not have to worry about sitting on a booster chair at the big table!! I think Addie looks like one happy customer don't you?


Ever since I started posting about my Dad's work, I have received a few inquiries from friends wanting to know what my Dad charges, if he is for hire, etc. So, I thought it was time to share some of his info in case you have some questions of your own!!

My Dad's business is called J&M Construction and you can contact him at jmuel5@excite.com. As you can see, he does amazing custom work. I am only showing pictures of some of the smaller projects my Dad has done for me, but he also does full scale remodeling and countertops. Honestly...there isn't much this man can't do! He is incredibly creative and talented and I am so lucky to have him as my own personal carpenter :-)

So, if you live in the Chicagoland area and have been looking for a great carpenter to build you a bookshelf or remodel your kitchen...my Dad is your man!! He gives free estimates so if you are curious about a project, be sure to e-mail him today!

7 comments:

  1. Hoe cute is that?? I love all the furniture. You can send him over to my house anytime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your Dad is an amazing carpenter! What wonderful heirlooms to have and pass down!! Love the little booth...too precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...those pieces are really amazing! How wonderful to have someone in your family who can make such beautiful stuff, PLUS how wonderful to have those pieces of furniture you can pass down for generations. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow beautiful work! That picture of Addie in the sled is too cute! Did your dog actually pull her??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Serious talent! If I ever live anywhere near Chicago, I'll be putting in some orders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I just emailed him. We need new countertops and maybe a kitchen table. I didn't know where to go. How perfect that you posted this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the furniture. You can send him over to my house anytime :-)

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete