Thursday, February 4, 2010

I've Got The Green Light

Well...I had my 6 week postpartum appointment today and everything looks great! Woohoo! I got the green light from my doctor to resume all "normal activity". In my mind, I am thinking "YES! Now I can start exercising again and maybe sign up for a yoga class." But then my MALE doctor follows up with, "So do you need condoms, or would you rather have a prescription for Birth Control." I responded, "Oh that's right...........sex." It didn't even cross my mind. I am sure that has something to do with the 3-4 hours of broken sleep I get each night and my less-than-smokin' post-baby bod. I'm just not feeling that sexy. But I chose Birth Control anyway because lets be honest...thinking about getting pregnant while I have a newborn and a toddler is enough to make me want to throw myself off a bridge :-)

Anyway, when Eric got home tonight, he asked how my appointment went. I told him how the receptionists showed off Blake to everyone in the office, how he said that my incision and everything else looked great and how I could start exercising again. He smiled...and then just stood there waiting for me to say something else. I knew what he was waiting to hear. He was waiting to hear what all men wait to hear from their wives after their 6 week postpartum appointment. So I rolled my eyes and said "We've got the green light". His response? "Nice." Ahh...men. They're such simple creatures :-)

8 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but laugh at this! Haha! Glad everything is healing well and the other stuff too... that would be my worst fear! Having "Irish Twins!" I'm sure plenty of women do it just fine... I don't wanna! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After my 6 week, I told Jon that the doctor recommended another 6 weeks of "no activity" and that if i didnt follow those instructions, bad internal things could happen. And then i would be out of commission for a while. I know it was wrong, but sometimes i girl just needs some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - love this. Eric is one happy man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, made me laugh. Yay for exercise and yay for Eric ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. That's great ! Well congrats on being able to work out again!! ...oh, and get busy again (that was for Eric only)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hysterical!! I go back for my 6 week on the 15th and am pretty sure that Clint has a secret calender somewhere where's he's crossing off the days until then :)
    PS Blake is simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we never made it the full 6 weeks... 3 weeks with Elizabeth and 4 with austin. but of course it didn't happen again for a while! LOL. Blake is so darn cute and I love Ms. Addy's booth!

    ReplyDelete