Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Monkey See, Monkey Do

It amazes me how Addie has taken an interest in so many things that she never seemed to care about. For example, she has never taken a binkie in her life. I tried when she was a baby but she wanted nothing to do with it. But now that Blake uses one, she has to play with one too. Also, she never liked her swing. Ever. And now, she insists on getting in the swing when Blake is out of it. Go figure :-)

So for the past week or so, Blake has really taken a liking to his gym. I put him under it all the time and he just laughs and kicks and looks at his cute little face in the mirror. And wouldn't you know...someone else has taken a liking to the gym. Can you guess who?



It's like monkey see, monkey do around here :-) Now if only I could get Blake to copy her and start sleeping the night. Ha!

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I can totally see Emma doing that! Her new thing is acting like a baby. I don't know if it's because she knows Samantha is coming, or because she's more into her babydolls now. But she says, "Wah, Wah, Wah. I need a pacifier. I need a bottle." Thankfully she just pretends she has a pacifier or bottle, but I hope she doesn't become jealous when her sister arrives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny; of course she likes the little gym! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so much alike. Adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen...some of the only pics I have of the boys together are under Matt's play mat. I guess the older kids just want to get in on the action. I've found Z with a pacifier in his mouth a few times too, but I always say that'd for a baby and your a big boy, so he usually takes it out. The big struggle in our house is over blankies. Matt and Z both have Little Giraffe blankets, Z's are blue and Matt's are green. Z gets his at night only, but Matt uses his throughout the day, so sometimes I catch Z pulling the blanket off his brother, or just touching the satin edges as his brother swings. It funny though because if I ask Z whose blanket it is he'll say Matt's. I guess siblings just always want to play with what the other one has because if they're interested in it...it must be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that she's copying everything!

    ReplyDelete