Monday, February 22, 2010

Productiveness

I know I have spent a LOT of time complaining about winter lately, so I thought I would take this opportunity to say something positive. For me, winter (or crappy weather) = productiveness. The snow and the cold keep us inside and when we are kept inside, especially when Eric is home on the weekends, it means I can get something done! And I am happy to say I got several things done for Addie's party this weekend!

Like I said, there isn't much for me to do since the bouncy house peeps are taking care of food, decorations and set-up. But...it wouldn't be a kids birthday party without goodie bags!! I found some great stuff in the Target dollar bins lately (Like Happy Birthday Elmo coloring books and packages of spring colored play dough) and I finally put it all together. I think the bags turned out pretty cute!


I needed to use a larger bag because of the coloring book, so I bought these at Target. They were $5 for 12 bags. Not too bad if you ask me. And then I used little foam letters to put each of the kids names on the bag. I thought that was a nice touch, especially since all the kids can go up and claim their bag. Addie is all about having her own things :-)

And speaking of the Birthday Princess, I also spent some time this weekend trying on different outfits for her two year pictures (which Uncle Ryan will be taking in the near future). At one point, Addie ran out of my bedroom in one of her outfits and came back with some of her own accessories...


See...told you I have a little princess on my hands. Ha! I am not sure how this photoshoot will go, since 2-year-olds seem to be impossible to work with when it comes to pictures. But I suppose if I let her wear her crown and heels...she will be good to go :-)

9 comments:

  1. The tiara and heels make her the perfect princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture of Addie brought a huge smile to my face. So sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bags are too cute! You do have a little princess on your hands! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is precious. I love how Addie is striking a model pose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with a girl who knows what she wants :) If these accessories are important to her, go for it! On her birthday, it's all about her :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute & those bags look great! I love the Target Dollar bin!

    ReplyDelete