Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Silly Me

Over the weekend, most of the snow in Chicago melted. The sun was shining, it was warm enough to go out without gloves and there seemed to be just the tiniest glimmer of hope for Spring. But I guess it was silly of me to even think of Spring in February, especially because I should have known a storm like this was just around the corner...


Yes...the Chicagoland area is in the light purple, which means we are looking to get another 6-12'' of snow. According to Accuweater, my suburb should get about 10". I know my Dad is happier than a kid in a candy store, but I'm pretty bummed. The only way I could find any joy in yet another snowstorm is if the weather gets warm enough for Addie to go out and use her sled. 

So...since we are trapped in the house yet another day this winter, I am going to have to get creative with some activities. I have some toys and crafts on reserve for when I am desperate and need something new for Addie to play with. I have a good feeling I will be diving into that bin today :-)

Well I wish everyone a warm and happy snow day! Drive safe if you have to go out!

9 comments:

  1. Yup I hate snow. it's official. I was just saying how we have had a mild winter, ha! Wrong! I am camping at my P's tonight to avoid an awful commute back to the city!

    Stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting it too. I am so bumned. This winter feels so long already and now we are getting more snow.

    I can't wait for summer!

    Try and enjoy your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is "LOVE THAT SNOW"
    sorry jen, but soon, spring will be here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry! I do feel bad for you! We are the DARK purple and we are still cleaning up the 30+ from the weekend so....yeah I HATE SNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine what that much snow would look like....I mean, I'm from Texas! :) It's in the 40's here and I am freezing, I don't think I would be able to handle the snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had the mildest winter ever. While I'm glad it hasn't rained much... I wish we got more snow. Oh well, you always want what you can't have, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh we are getting TONS of snow tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with ya. I've been unusually optimistic lately about the winter. Syracuse has been blessed by this last two weeks or so with mostly mild weather... well, we're getting hit tonight. Hard. Ohhh yay {sarcasm}.

    Good luck staying warm, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, see all that green area over there on the left? That's me. Rain, rain and more rain. I can't complain though because I LOVE rain!

    Hope you find some fun things for you and the kiddo to do tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete