Monday, February 1, 2010

Time To Get In Shape Girl

As I sit here eating a double chocolate fudge cupcake while the kids nap, I decided I should post about a new plan that is going into action a week from today (because that is when I will get the okay to start exercising again). The plan is called "Lose the baby weight and your fat ass by your 30th birthday". My 30th birthday is not until October so I have a total of 8 months to get back to this figure...


This picture was taken on our honeymoon, a mere 3 1/2 years ago. Now grant it...I have had two kids since then so I am not expecting to look anything like I did back then. But...I was in shape and felt healthy and good about my body and THAT is what I want to get back to. I don't even care if the scale reads the same and seriously...my tummy will NEVER look like that again. But I do want to start eating healthier and get back into an exercise routine that works with my new lifestyle. I just want to feel healthy and comfortable in my clothes. And losing about 10-15 pounds wouldn't hurt either.

So that is the goal. To loose at least 10 pounds (15 if it feels right) and get back into fighting shape. I don't give a crap about abs because I kissed those goodbye a long time ago. But I would like to lose the gut and take my ass down a size or two. As you can see above, the thighs aren't going anywhere. Even in shape I had a pretty hefty set but who cares :)

Now...to get to this figure by my 30th birthday I need to make some serious changes. For one thing, I have GOT to stop snacking on crap (i.e. double chocolate fudge cupcakes, peanut butter M&Ms, etc.) I also need to start cooking healthier meals. I would love to do Weight Watchers again, but with nursing and trying to feed my family, that is not a realistic diet right now. I need to take this weight loss slowly, so I have decided to just apply some of the Weight Watchers principles like smaller portions and making better choices about what I eat. The problem is...I am not use to cooking healthy meals!!! I pretty much only make comfort style foods like meatloaf and spaghetti. I know there are healthy versions of those, but I just don't have the recipes. So I am on a mission to find some recipes (or better yet cookbooks) that focus on healthy meals that are family friendly. You know, stuff my meat-and-potatoes loving husband will eat and my picky toddler won't throw to Howie.

So the hunt is on! And since I know I am not the only one looking for some healthy meal ideas, I have decided to start a new weekly addition to this blog: Weigh-In Wednesdays. I figured I could use Weigh-In Wednesdays to post about any yummy recipes I try, any fitness tips I come across, and any progress I have made the week before (including a weigh-in like I had to do when I was on WW). I feel like I need to do this to stay on track and be accountable for my actions. 

And even though I plan to do lots of research for healthy recipes and fitness tips (and by research I mean reading magazines and Googling when I have free time), I would love some help! If any of you have any great recipes or fitness tips to share, please e-mail me or comment on this post. I promise I will always give credit where credit is due, especially if I use a recipe or tip on Weigh-In Wednesdays. Thanks in advance for your support friends! I know I will need it when the Valentine's Day candy starts rolling in. Yikes!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I have a yummy recipie that is healthy and only a few points on WW. I'll email it to you. My mom is buying me the WW newest cookbook for crockpot meals (i.e. comfort food!) and I'll pass on the good ones to you! Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do The 30 day shred, I am loving it!!! Good luck hun!!

    You look smokin in that pic, you will be back in no time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I will see what kind of recipes are in the WW cookbooks I have.

    I am right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved the 30 Day Shred! I don't do it daily but 5 days a week is a huge improvement from my previous lifestyle!

    I'm not much help in the recipe department but I will be looking for some new ones also. I always cut calories by using ground turkey, fat free dair products and just packing in extra veggies to recipes. I am a definite foodie so this is the hardest part for me! Ugh!

    I wish I had half of your 'gusto'! Organizing and getting in shape with two under two!? Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the food you crave by elie krieger. seriously, the recipes are DELICIOUS! dan had some health issues last spring and had to start eating a lot better. (he's mr. deepfry if he gets the chance).
    i bought this cookbook and he loves it. he lost like 15 lbs and his protein levels (the bad ones) were cut in half.
    did i lose weight? um, no, but that's thanks to my need for snacks and the fact that the bulging disc in my back makes me come home from school and die on the couch most nights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good girl! I wish I looked like that on my honeymoon! haha!

    Good for you! I look forward to reading your weekly 'Weigh In Wednesday's'!

    Have you ever heard of 'Hungry Girl'? She has a couple cookbooks out all about healthy eating and changing up your favorite 'unhealthy' dishes into healthy versions. You should look her up on Amazon. I love her cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look fab no matter what. i'm back on ww again for like the 200th time. :) it really does work - i was inspired after i saw you at your wedding! they do add extra points for nursing mothers & tell you how to modify your diet for that on the website! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girly you look gorgeous! I'm sure you'll be back there in NO time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mamacita is right there with you. I did so good this past summer. Now back on the wagon! I have a couple WW cookbooks that we can look through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you gorgeous! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete