Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday: Baby Weight Gone & Another Sweet Recipe

You read correctly friends...thanks to the 2 pounds I lost this week (and the 25 pounds I have lost since having Blake)...I am now at my PRE-BABY WEIGHT! Woohoo! But before we get too excited, lets remember that I was about 12 pounds heavier than I wanted to be when I got pregnant. So I still have a little ways to go. But hey...at least it's progress!!

Now, to reward myself for a job well done, I wanted to indulge in my favorite dessert...a banana spilt. YUM!!! But at around 25 Weight Watchers points (thats almost a whole day for a nursing mom, and more than a day for everyone else)...I decided I needed to go with a less fattening option. So, going back through my Real Simple recipes, I found this one...

Frozen Yogurt Sundae with Bananas and Chocolate Sauce


Serves 4Hands-On Time: 10mTotal Time: 10m

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 pint low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
  • 2 bananas, sliced
  • 1/4 cup unsalted roasted almonds, chopped

Directions


In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cocoa. Gradually whisk in ¼ cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool slightly.


Divide the frozen yogurt and bananas among bowls and top with the chocolate sauce and almonds


This recipe turns out to be 7 Weight Watchers points (362 calories, 10g of fat, and 4g of fiber) and if you have that to spare, it is delicious!! But if you want to shave off another 3 points, you can opt for Hershey's Sugar Free chocolate syrup.


I could seriously eat one of these every single day!! Sweets are my total weakness. Do any of you have any great low-cal/fat dessert recipes that almost taste like the real thing? I would love for you to share :-)

Today's Weigh-In: 152 pounds
Total pounds lost: 27
Goal: 140 pounds
Left to lose: 12 pounds

This was a very successful week, but now I need to get serious about exercising because I know that eating healthy alone won't get rid of the belly. But I need to be realistic so this week's goal is for me to exercise two days this week. We will see how it goes :-)

9 comments:

  1. That's amazing Jen! Whoo the next 12 lbs will come off just as easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girl! I, sadly... cannot say the same! Oh well, I'll keep trying I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job and WOW that was fast!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I think it is going to be years before I see my prebaby weight! :)

    Great recipe! I am going to have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly good for you - that is amazing that you lost all your baby weight in a month and a half! That dessert looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That is amazing! I will have to give that recipe a try too. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! That was really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the sweet words ladies! I know it seems like I lost a lot fast, but I was already 12 pounds down when I left the hospital (Blake was almost 8 pounds and there were a few more pounds of all the "other stuff" that come out :-) And I am nursing and I think that helps too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, obviously i'm a LITTLE behind with the whole blog reading thing... but CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete