Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday: A Healthy Cookie that Actually Tastes Good!

It was another successful week on WW and if you can believe it...I actually managed to work out 4 times!!! I am very proud of myself. I used the elliptical machine we have in our basement and even though I could only do about 20 minutes before the side cramps started, it was still progress! I would like to work out 4 days again this week and try to increase my time/resistance. Also, I have a book called "Post Pregnancy Pilates" that I bought at a used bookstore for $1 after I had Addie. I have never looked through it or tried any of the moves, but I might give it a whirl this week. Oh how I wish my beautiful, talented, Pilates instructor cousin didn't move to St. Louis. Come back Diane...I need to hire you as a personal trainer!

So...the diet portion of my program has been going well, but I just can't seem to get over my addiction to sweets. They call to me in the middle of the night. And in the afternoon. And in the morning. And just about any time I think about an M&M or cookie. So I went out on a search for some healthy cookie recipes and I found a great one by Weight Watchers. I was a little skeptical at first but I have to say...these are delicious! Here is the recipe incase you want to try it out yourself.

Oatmeal Raisin Bites


1 1/2 cup(s) rolled oats
3/4 cup(s) whole-grain wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
1/4 cup(s) sugar
1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
1 large egg(s)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup(s) raisins, chopped

Preheat oven to 350ºF

In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and both sugars until incorporated. Add egg and vanilla; mix thoroughly. Add oat mixture and mix until just combined; fold in raisins.

Drop rounded teaspoons of batter onto 2 ungreased cookie sheets, about 1-inch apart each. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11 to 12 minutes for crispy cookies. Remove from oven and let cookies rest on cookie sheets for about 2 minutes; remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.

Be sure to let me know if you try this recipe!! And of course, please feel free to share any delicious sweet treat recipes you might have :-)

ENJOY!!!

Weekly Weigh-In: 149 pounds
Total pounds lost: 5 pounds!!!! Woohoo!!
Goal Weight: 140 pounds

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Congrats on your weight loss. When you workout, do you have Addie near you or do you do it when she naps? I have been thinking of hopping on the treadmill while I let Barrett play, but I get too nervous! Also, once Blake is old enough all of the Cardinal Fitness's have great childcare! Barrett loves to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 9 to go!!!

    Another weird fact to prove we are similar, we are like 3 lbs off of being the same weight. LOL. I'm 152

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg - I try to do most of my workouts at night when Addie is in bed and Eric can play with Blake. It is just easier that way :-) But I do have a TON of toys in the basement so Addie can play while I workout. And my basement is all open so I can see exactly where she is. And thanks for the info on Cardinal Fitness. I will have to look into that :-) Oh, and I am 5'9

    Heather - That is waaaaaay too weird! But why do you look so good at 152 and I don't? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete