Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday: Healthy Slow Cooker Meal

It was another successful week on the "nursing mommy's" version of Weight Watchers and I lost another 2 pounds! Woohoo! I am very excited to see the scale going down but I have to admit...I am just a little frustrated that I can't actually see the difference yet. I know 4 pounds isn't much, but considering I have lost all my baby weight plus two pounds...you would think it would show more than it does. 

Now, I know this is a very slow process and I need to be patient. I have to remember that it took me nine months to rearrange my body and it will probably take at least that much time to put it back together (at least that is how it was after Addie). I guess the only reason I feel the need to rush this is because I have a whole closet full of clothes that are just a few pounds and a few inches away from being able to fit again. But in the mean time, I have to continue to wear the same 2 sweaters and t-shirts that I have been wearing since I had Blake. I wouldn't call myself a fashionista...but I do like to dress cute and this muffin top I am walking around with is not working for me anymore. Ha!

Oh well...I will get there soon enough, especially if I stick to my healthy eating plan. It is encouraging to keep losing weight, even though I don't feel like I am starving myself at all. That is why I still believe that Weight Watchers is the best diet ever...even for nursing mamas :-) Now if I could just find the damn time (and motivation) to exercise!!!

So, as promised, I wanted to share another great healthy recipe with you. If you are a fan of crock-pots...you will love this one. It is from my Betty Crocker cookbook and at only 120 calories and 0 grams of fat...it is a winner for anyone looking to eat healthy :-) And if you want to add some calories, this would be delicious with some crusty bread and butter. Yum!

WINTER VEGETABLE STEW


1 can (28 ounces) plum tomatoes
4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1.2-inch pieces
4 medium stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium leeks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons cold water

1. Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. Cut up tomatoes. Mix tomatoes, reserved liquid and remaining ingredients except cornstarch and water in 4-5 quart slow cooker.

2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours until veggies are tender.

3. Mix cornstarch and water; gradually stir into slow cooker until blended. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.

ENJOY!!

Weekly Weigh-In: 150 pounds
Total pounds lost: 4 pounds
Goal Weight: 140 pounds


5 comments:

  1. Yum!! That looks good. And congrats on 2lbs whoo hoo!!

    I read one book you sent, love them!! Learned a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good. I will try it next week. I too am a fellow weight watcher. Congratulations on your weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 2 pounds! The recipe looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 2lb loss!! Thats awesome! And that soup looks yummmmmmmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm this sounds delish! Thanks for the recipe! And 2 lbs - woohoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete