Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Bouncy Birthday Bash!!

*WARNING: There are an insane amount of pictures to follow. Don't say I didn't warn you :-)

I guess I am just a kid at heart, because I have been waiting months for Addie's birthday bash and I couldn't WAIT to get there today! But before we left the house, I insisted we get at least one family pic. This was the best we could do...Addie was just too darn excited to leave :-)


When we got to the bouncy house, Addie made sure to stand by the door and greet all of her guests...


Well...that is until the doors opened to the bouncy area...


This place was AWESOME!!!!


It was even more awesome than I expected it to be. They had 6 or 7 huge bouncies, plus a bunch of arcade games and floor toys. And we had it ALL to ourselves!!


But even with all of the activities, the guys still managed to find a corner to stand around and talk. And they say women gab...please.


And the Grandpas...in true grandpa fashion...


It seemed the only guy actually taking part in the fun was Uncle Earle!


While I was busy taking pictures, Addie was already off and running. Aunt Meagan made sure to keep up...


We spent the next half hour bouncing...


And bouncing...


And bouncing.


And then it was SLIDE TIME!


Everyone had a blast on the slides...even the adults.








Addie and Connor insisted on going down this slide together...without any help :-)


I know the kids had a blast today, but I am pretty sure the Nanas had the best time of all...


Before Bouncy Hour was up, we attempted a kids group picture. A few of us had to jump in with the kids because they would not cooperate. Who could blame them though :-)


After an hour of constant bouncing and sliding, it was time for cake and pizza! My Grandma surprised Addie with this adorable Barbie cake! She use to make one for me every year as a kid...


Addie ran right over and gave Great Grandma a big hug for it :-)


And then it was time to sing!!! We kind of rushed through the song because the kids were dying to get their hands on some cake...


This is actually how I spent my Saturday...baking away in the kitchen.


But it was worth it because as you are about to see, the cupcakes were a BIG hit. Just ask Connor...


And Kennedy...


And Audrey...


And Brennan...


And Nia...


And Megan...


And Cara...


And Gracie...


Even though Addie made her own special cupcake yesterday, she passed it up to dig into her Barbie cake. Or rather, eat the frosting off her Barbie cake :-)


After cake, Addie opened a ton of AMAZING presents (which I will do a separate post about later :-) but sadly...there weren't many pictures of this part of the party because the birthday girl was WORE OUT! She is taking the best nap of her life right now and she needs it because there is more birthday fun to come tonight when daddy and I give her our presents :-)

I still can't believe my baby girl is 2, but what a way to celebrate it! Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone!! And thanks to all of our friends and family who came today. You made Addie's birthday so special. We love you all!!!

8 comments:

  1. That looked like so much fun! Those cupcakes looked good! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Addie! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so fun!! Super cute cake too!! So glad you and Miss A had a great time at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Addie! I think I want my birthday to be at a bouncy house this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was the best party! I'm so glad I was there for it.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like such a great party! I especially love the pics of all the kids with their cupcakes, however after looking at so many of them, I feel like eating one too!

    ReplyDelete