Tuesday, March 30, 2010

GOOD Things Happen When you Take Walks

Taking walks with the kids is pretty much my favorite thing to do when the weather is nice. Today, Addie couldn't wait to throw on her shades and head out the door with Howie (she is in charge of holding his leash and she actually does a great job). And now that we finally installed the carseat attachment to the BOB, Blake got to ride facing me today! He was all smiles as usual and when I started talking in my silly voice, he started to laugh...hard. Luckily, I had my phone right in front of me so I grabbed it hoping to get at least one second of laughter on video. And boy...did I get some VIDEO!!! **Unfortunately, I have been trying to upload this video for over an hour with no luck. I will try again later but for now, you will just have to settle for a super cute pic of him starting to laugh...


Blake's little giggle fest actually went on for another minute or so, but when I saw Howie leaving a very large "present" in my neighbor's yard...I broke our concentration. I started freaking out a little because I didn't grab a baggie before we left. I was hoping there was an extra one in the storage basket under the stroller but when I bent down, I could only see one thing. What was it you ask? Oh...you know...it was just my

CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I screamed so loud I scared the shit out of Addie, Blake and Howie. They all just looked at me like WTF mom? I couldn't believe it. Here I had been ripping my house and car to SHREDS the past three days and lying awake at night crying and it was in my damn stroller the whole time!!! And yes...I did check my stroller. Twice actually. And my mom checked it too. I have absolutely no idea how we missed it or how it managed to be sitting dead center in the storage basket today...but either way...I FOUND IT!!! Thank you JESUS!! And St. Anthony because I prayed to him too (thanks for that one Kate!). And I guess I should thank Howie and his obsessive need to pee and poop in everyone's yard, because if it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't have checked the stroller basket again today. Whew...I just can't TELL you how relieved I am!!!!!

And for the record, I want you all to know that I am well aware of how overdramatic I am being. I mean come on...its just a stupid camera!! But it was a gift from hubby and it is a very nice camera that I do NOT have the money to replace right now. I am sure you all understand the feeling though so thanks for hanging in there with me the past two days. You guys are the best :-)

9 comments:

  1. Yahooooooo! I know how that is. I lost a ring recently and I'm still in denial. Let me tell you, it was WAY expensive. I think it was stolen, but that's another story. Just thinking about it being gone makes me sick to my stomach.

    Isn't it funny how just when you stop looking/trying/hoping/caring/worrying life works itself out? Well, MOST of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome!!!!! its funny how if we just 'give up' on looking, we find the things we are missing!! awesome karma girly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your camera turned up! Funny how when you least expect to find something it finally happens! Blakes smile is precious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO! So glad you found your camera...isn't that the best feeling?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found it, I would be SICK if I lost my rebel!!! Loving this spring weather and walking with the babe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you found it! I'd be sick if I lost mine and it isn't even that great of a camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, I'm SO happy you found your camera..... I know that feeling & it really is a TERRIBLE feeling! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sooooo happy you found it!!! I just saw this post! Seriously, when are we hanging out? I mean seriously.

    ReplyDelete