Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday: A Smaller Muffin Top

* UPDATE: So it turns out that the cookbook I mention below isn't even an actual cookbook. It is a group of 50 recipe cards, put together from other recipes in the Hungry Girl collection (picture me turning red). Miss V pointed this out to me, although you would think that I would have picked up on that by the words "RECIPE CARDS" printed on the picture I posted. Sometimes I am so stupid it scares me :-) Thanks for pointing that out Miss V! Guess I will just check out the other Hungry Girl Cookbooks you suggested earlier :-)

I have absolutely no idea how I was able to lose 2.5 pounds this week, considering I blew my points allowance on Saturday and Sunday, but I did!!! I am so excited too because that means I have lost a total of 7.5 pounds since I started WW. That only leaves me 6.5 more to go!! Well that...and I need to seriously kick my pilates butt into gear because even with this great weight loss...my muffin top is still highly visible. But at least it is more like a Betty Crocker bake-at-home muffin vs. the Otis Spunkhiemer muffin it was before.

So, this is typically the point where I would post a great healthy recipe, but instead, I was hoping to get some advice. I recently came across this new cookbook by Hungry Girl. It is suppose to be the healthy cookbook for chics who don't want to sacrifice onion rings or brownies. Right up my alley :-)


It was just released in December, so there aren't many reviews out there. Does anyone own this cookbook? The other Hungry Girl cookbooks have pretty great reviews (and I think my friend Andrea actually recommended the Hungry Girl website on one of my other posts). I was just curious if this cookbook is worth buying because these are the healthy recipes I am really looking for :-) If I do end up purchasing it, I will be sure to share.

Weekly Weigh-In: 146.5 pounds
Total pounds lost: 7.5 pounds!!!! Woohoo!!
Goal Weight: 140 pounds

P.S. We had our doc appointments today and I will share all the fun details tomorrow :-)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh yes!! I have it, except mine has a green cover! It has a lot of great recipes! I will give you my copy so you can see it before you go out and buy it! Love ya, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Hungry Girl! I think I may have mentioned it to you in another one of your posts too!

    I think this version just has the recipes from her other books. At least I think because the pictures on the front are the same items in her other books. I'm thinking this version is just recipe cards over the book type. I could be wrong but I think that's it.

    Oh and I started WW last Monday and at my weigh in this Monday I'd lost 3.2 lbs! Yay me...and you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You MUST try that cookbook & share all the recipes!! :P and congrats on the weight loss! WOOO HOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marie! I may have to borrow that from you :-) And the reason the cover is different is because these are recipe cards. Haha!

    Miss V...I am a jackass. Haha! Thanks so much for pointing that out about the recipe cards. And yes, you also suggested Hungry Girl to me and I should have given you credit :-) I will have to check out the other cookbooks she has and she which one has the onion rings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2.5 good job!!! Almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, Jen! I'm proud of ya lady! :)

    ReplyDelete