Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Little Vampire Baby

See this baby? Yeah...the one lying completely awake in his crib?


That is my son Blake, a.k.a "the little vampire". I use to joke and call Blake a vampire because the boy is completely nocturnal. He LOVES being awake and hanging out with me at night. Yes...even at 3 1/2 months old. I really thought we were making progress in that department too. There was even a week where we had four 7-hour stretches in a row! It was heaven. But over the past few weeks, things have drastically changed in the sleep department. We are back to pulling all nighters and I just couldn't understand why? And then it hit me...didn't Addie cut her first tooth at 3 1/2 months?

I went back through the archives on my blog and sure enough...her first tooth popped in at 3 1/2 months! Right on schedule! But when I looked in Blake's mouth, I didn't notice any teeth coming through. But after bathtime last night, I started feeling around in his mouth and that's when I felt it. HIS FIRST TOOTH!!! But are you ready for this one...it is his bottom canine????!!! I have never heard of such a thing! A baby getting one of his "fang" teeth first?

So like any crazy mom, I started googling the subject and realized that there are tons of little vampire babies out there cutting canines before any of their other teeth. SOOOOOO weird. And I had to laugh at one website where parents were posting the FUNNIEST pictures of their kids with only their canines in. hahaha!

So...it looks like my little man's vampire nickname works for two reasons now! I am a bit relieved to see Blake's tooth, because at least it explains why we have gone backwards in the sleep department. I know Addie's canines were the worst to come through so maybe if we can get these over with now...the other ones will be super easy! One can only hope right :-)

P.S. Eric and my SIL Dana think this all happened because I read "Twilight" too many times while Blake was in utero. hahahahaha!!

3 comments:

  1. And the Team Edward shirt you wore while pregnant didn't help either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O man i sooo know what you are talking about... my 6 1/2 month old has developed these same sleeping habits (or lack there of) lol i also refer to her as my vampire because she is biting everything lol

    Sweet dreams!!!

    ~Lo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. If he only has that tooth for a while you'll have some funny pics!

    Can't wait to catch up on posts... I've been missing your blog! :)

    Btw, so weird - I had a dream last night that I was babysitting P, Bents, Addie & Blake! Hahaha! It was just a cycle of constant diaper changes! ;) you think I follow you two too much... since I dream of your kids???? Lol!

    ReplyDelete