Sunday, April 25, 2010

A New Addition to Our Dinner Table & A Booster Seat Review

First things first. Lets just talk about how BIG my little guy is getting!!! He will be 4 months old on Wednesday but since this mama is desperate for a little sleep, I decided to start him on rice cereal a few days early. People keep insisting that he will start sleeping longer stretches once I get a little cereal in him at night, so we will see if all the hype is true. I know it wasn't for Addie, but she didn't like rice cereal as much as this guy did!


I know his silly little faces seem to suggest otherwise, but this little bugger took his first bowl of cereal like a champ!


At one point, I thought he was actually trying to grab my hand and make me feed him faster!


His big sis was there to witness the whole thing. She is quite a cereal junkie herself but when she realized I wasn't feeding him Cinnamon Life...she was over it.


And speaking of big sis, she hit another big milestone this weekend! She handed over her old high chair to Blakester and graduated to the big girl booster!


As I mentioned in a previous post, the great folks over at BabyCribsPlus.com sent me this fantastic Mutsy Grow Up Booster Chair and we were finally able to give it a test run. Umm....you think Addie likes being up at the table like a big girl?


I'll be honest...I wasn't sure I liked the chair when I took it out of the box for the first time. The color is super bright and I wasn't aware that the lap strap was actually a 5-point harness (I am sure it said this in the product description but I must have missed it :-) I knew there was NO WAY I was going to get Addie to wear a harness over her shoulders like that. But the good news is...you don't have to use the 5-point harness if you don't want to. I was able to just use the lap strap and it worked perfectly!! Here are some other greats pros to this chair:

* Although the color did seem bright to me at first, Addie thought the color was awesome and couldn't wait to hop in. I guess that is why they make these chairs in fun bright colors...so kids will actually want to sit in them :-)

* The foam material of the seat is firm, but super comfy. It was also easy to clean and wipe down after a spaghetti dinner.

* It is the perfect height for both our kitchen and dinning room tables.

* The booster easily attaches to the chair and I was happy to see how secure it was. Addie climbed in and out herself and it didn't even budge. This was a big plus.

If someone were to ask if I though this chair was worth the almost $50 price tag, I would say absolutely. For one thing, a lot of the booster seats I looked at did not attach to the chair. I suppose this wouldn't be a big deal to some, but since Addie loves to climb up and down on her own, I just feel safer knowing that the seat isn't going to slide or fall off the chair. Also, I love the materials this company used. The foam seat is awesome and it was SO easy to wipe clean. There aren't a lot of cracks and crevices for food to get into and that is nice :-)

But if $50 for another baby/kid item doesn't fit into your budget, I highly recommend checking out all the great boosters that BabyCribsPlus.com has to offer. They start as low as $24.95 and all CSN stores offer amazing deals like no tax, free shipping and promotional discounts. Can't beat it!!!

Well that's all for today friends! It was a looooong, cold, rainy, garage sale'n weekend and I need to put my feet up and have a glass of wine :-) Hope you all had a Happy Sunday!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big Blake has gotten and how much he looks like you!! Addies hair is super cute, too. She looks like a big girl! I think we are ready for a booster seat pretty soon. That one is awesome! I would never make it with one that didn't attach to the chair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely makes sense to have one that attaches to the seat. I like the bright color but would have probably had the same reaction as you... GREAT... this fits right into my decor... NOT! :)

    ReplyDelete