Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday: I DID IT!!!!!!!

I am happy to report that after a little over 2 months on Weight Watchers, I am 15 pounds lighter and weighing in at 139.8 pounds!!!!!!!!! I know that rounds to 140, but the fact that I saw the 130's on my scale today was just TOO amazing to round up :-) WOOHOO!!!! In celebration of meeting my weight loss goal, I treated myself to a Spicy Italian sub for lunch (you know me and my salami) and my Dad made burgers on the grill for dinner and root beer floats for dessert. I am scared to even add up what my points would have been today, but you know what...it was TOTALLY worth it!! Everything was so freaking delicious!!!! But...I am having a bit of remorse tonight, which my Mom says is a good thing because it means I really have made a lifestyle change :-) I guess I deserve it though, because I was finally able to button my "skinny girl" jeans and wear them in public!!! Even Addie was happy for me :-)

So what now you ask? Well, I still think I am going to try and lose a few more "buffer" pounds. I haven't seen 135 since my wedding and if I could get there again, I might feel a little better about wearing my bathing suit this summer. I am still going tankini style though because even after losing this weight, I still have a little post baby belly. I mean, it did take 9 months for my belly to grow, I should at least give it that much time to shrink back down. So I can deal with the baby belly for now. But what I CAN'T deal with is this damn cellulite!! Sadly, I know that doesn't go away with weight loss so I guess I am just going to have to embrace my new thighs and buy an economy size bottle of Benefit's Jiggle Gel :-)

So after a few more weeks and a few last pounds, I plan to switch to Weight Watchers maintenance plan to help me stay on track. I really enjoy the practice of writing down what I eat because it helps me be accountable for what I am putting in my mouth. Also, I have really grown to like some of the healthier snacks I have been buying. And, now that fresh fruit and veggies will be more affordable with the summer coming, I can keep a lot more of that around the house too.

And speaking of snacks, I wanted to recommend one that I just tried for the first time today and I LOVE them!!! They are called gnu bars...


A very sweet woman got in touch with me last week about her great company and offered to send me a few samples of gnu bars because she said they are great for Weight Watchers (they are packed full of fiber :-) So when my lovely package arrived today...


I couldn't wait to give them a try!! I opened the Banana Nut first (because banana nut is one of my favorite flavors) and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!! Seriously...they were better than I thought they would be!! They were chewy and sweet and I could definitely taste the bananas and nuts. It definitely tasted more indulgent than only 2 points, which is what I look for most in a WW snack :-) And to be honest, I really think it curbed my hunger for a while!! Bonus!!!

Oh, and just for the heck of it, I wanted to give it the "toddler test" too. We are a little addicted to fruit snacks around our house and I have been trying to introduce Addie to some different, healthier alternatives here and there. So for the heck of it, I broke her off a piece of my bar and she begged for the rest of it!! Another bonus!! I actually think this would be a great snack for toddlers just starting to eat more table food because they are soft and easy to chew. Not to mention all natural and healthy!!

So now I am addicted to yet another snack, and when my sample box runs out, I know I will be placing an order. If you want to check out all the great flavors they have on their website and take a look at their "Fiberology" section, head on over to gnu foods.

Well friends...that's all I have for this last installment of Weigh-In Wednesdays! Thanks for following me on my weight loss journey!! Glad its almost over and now I can start fitting into all my old clothes (and maybe some new ones. ha!) I still plan to post about great healthy snacks and recipes I find so be sure to continue to share those with me. Have a great hump day everyone!!!

Today's Weigh-In: 139.8 pounds
Total Pounds Lost: 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOAL MET!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!


12 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!!! So happy for you!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO SO excited for you!! You look FANTASTIC! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go girl! Seriously... so proud of you! I only hate you a *little* bit. I'm using hate as a term of *love* of course... ;) Gooo Super Mama Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Jen. I am so happy for you! You look fabulous by the way. If I hadn't already joined the WW program, this post would have definitely pushed me to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!You look AWESOME!!!!! Way to go Jen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats!! you were already a hot mama, but i'm so proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo Hoo, great job!!! You look great skinny mini.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! That is so exciting!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Jen, you look GREAT!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great!!!! Congratulations!! When are you guys gonna plan your trip to visit us??? Let's pick a date!!! COME ON!! I need to see your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats you look awesome!! I found all natural fruit snacks today at Wal-mart. They are by Florida's Natural and called Au'some Nuggets. Sophie is addicted to fruit snacks and they have so much sugar in them!! These delicious treats only have 3grams of sugar added!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete