Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What I'd Want for Mother's Day...If We Had an Extra $3500

Does anyone watch the show Cougar Town? If not...you should really catch an episode because Eric and I think it is freaking hilarious. But that's not the point of this post. The point of this post is that I am in love with a particular piece of jewelry that Courtney Cox wears on the show...


The leaf necklace is gorgeous too, but I am crazy about the long gold strand. I did some searching online and I discovered that the necklace is by Jennifer Meyer...


Isn't it gorgeous???!!!!! I was just about to send Eric a "mother's day gift idea" e-mail until I realized that this necklace retails for $3500!!!! I know the price of gold is up but holy shit. That is just crazy. So I guess I will not be receiving anything from Jennifer Meyer's collection this Mother's Day. BUT...I would love to find something similar. Has anyone come across a great look-a-like? I haven't done much searching yet, but I have to believe there is something out there. I would be happy with gold or silver, since I wear both. I know this is a random post, but I am just in love with this necklace and I am searching for something a little more reasonable. Any help would be much appreciated :-)

7 comments:

  1. I haven't watched that show but I LOOOOVE Courtney Cox! Let's just say that FRIENDS is on quite often in our house....

    That is a pretty necklace. I'm sure if you do enough searching, you'll definitely find one very similar to it. I actually like looking for similar things to what I like...it's fun to get a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girly - This one may be too low-scale but if you're just looking for the look of it, it may work!
    It's from the daisy fuentes line @ Kohls.com. It's official name is: "daisy fuentes Gold-Tone Long Necklace."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenball, check sundance catalog. It is Robert Redfords company and they have great stuff. Still a little pricey but usually under $200

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Yurman has one for 450 in a few colors that is very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Cougar Town! It's such a cute show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jen, just found your blog through another blog and love it!! You have a beautiful family, and yes this necklace is gorgeous!! Maybe you could sweet talk your hubby! :) I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love that show too! Its so random sometimes it cracks me up!

    As for the necklace... cute! But I've got nothin cause I just am boring & wear my cross 95% of the time. Anything else I have is from Lia Sophia.

    ReplyDelete