Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another Secret I Have Been DYING to Post About...

You all know my BFF Tara right? Yeah...she's the hot red head next to me in this picture (taken about a million years ago). I decided to post this picture because it has been a long time since either of us rocked a tan, wore a strapless dress or shared a cocktail together :-)


Thanks in large part to these bellies we once sported.


When Tara and I were pregnant with Connor and Addie, we would sit around and talk about how we missed getting dressed up and going out for cocktails. We made a deal that when summer came the following year, when we were done nursing and the kids were well over a year old, we would get together at her place and sip cocktails in the sun all day while the dads watched the kids. Responsible parenting right?

Last summer, our dream didn't come true because guess what...I was pregnant with Blake. No summer cocktails for me! And this summer is out too because...well...

TARA IS PREGNANT!!!

I'm am SO FREAKING excited to finally be able to post about this!!! I knew Tara was pregnant at Blake's Baptism and I wanted to post about it...but couldn't. And then when I wrote my Mother's Day post I wanted to share the news...but couldn't. So today, when she came home from her very successful 12 week doc appointment and gave me permission to post...I couldn't wait to hop online!!! Her doctor said the babies are doing great and that they sound strong and healthy. Yeah...did you catch that? I said Babies. Plural. As in, Tara is having...

TWINS!!!!!

I am still in shock and I am sure Tara is too. But at the same time, her husband Pat is a twin and I think that gives them both a great advantage. They are both SO excited and I know Connor can't wait to meet his new baby brothers/sisters (she will find out the sexes this summer :-)

Now, I know that some of you who read my blog are mommies of twins and I would love for you to comment with some advice for Tara. Any great tips or tricks? Any great books she can read? Any websites or chat boards she can look into? I know she is eager to learn all she can and any advice in this department is much appreciated :-)

So there you go...secret is out. Finally!!! CONGRATS AGAIN TARA!!! I am so very happy for you, Pat and Connor. Only 6 months to go!!!

6 comments:

  1. awww! congrats to Tara!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moley! I wasn't expecting to read TWINS! :) How FUUUUN! Now, hopefully they're twin girls so that Blake can have TWO girlfriends!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! How exciting! And twins! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twins wow, she is my hero!!! Congrats to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this Jen! I was very proud of you for keeping a secret until now. I know how good you are at keeping secrets :)
    I hope someone out there has some ideas for websites or books or has some great tips. There's so much info out there; it's hard to tell what's good and what's not!

    ReplyDelete